|Dido Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 25, 1971|
Dido is an English singer and songwriter who rose to global acclaim with the release of her debut album No Angel (1999). Her discography also includes other albums and tracks such as Life for Rent, White Flag, Sand in My Shoes, Safe Trip Home, Girl Who Got Away, Still on My Mind, Here with Me, Thank You, Don’t Believe in Love, Don’t Leave Home, Everything to Lose, Friends, and No Freedom. Dido also appeared as a featured artist on Eminem‘s track Stan which has been included in Rolling Stone magazine’s list of “The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time”. She was honored with the Ivor Novello Award for Outstanding Song Collection from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers, and Authors in 2019.
Florian Cloud de Bounevialle Armstrong
St. Mary Abbot’s Hospital, Kensington, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Dido studied at Thornhill Primary School in Islington, Dallington School, City of London School for Girls (CLSG), and Westminster School.
When she was 5 years old, she stole a recorder from school. After that, her parents enrolled her at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London. Dido also attended Birkbeck, University of London where she studied law. However, she dropped out before completing the course.
- Father – William O’Malley Armstrong (1938-2006) (Irish Publisher, Former Managing Director of Sidgwick & Jackson)
- Mother – Clare (née Collins) (Poet)
- Siblings – Rowland Constantine O’Malley Armstrong (better known as record producer Rollo) (Older Brother) (Musician, Part of the British electronica trio Faithless)
- Others – Alfred Elliott Armstrong (Paternal Grandfather), Maeve Josephine O’Malley (Paternal Grandmother), Bernard John Collins (Maternal Grandfather), Grete Elisabeth Piehler (Maternal Grandmother)
Dido has been signed with Logan Media Entertainment, Music Artist Management Company, Chobham, Surrey, England, United Kingdom.
Electropop, Downtempo, Trip Hop, Folktronica
Vocals, Piano, Recorder, Violin
RCA Records, Cheeky, Arista Records, Sony Music, Legacy, BMG
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth has been $16 Million.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dido has dated –
- Bob Page – She was romantically involved with entertainment lawyer Bob Page and during their 7-year relationship, the duo even got engaged. However, in 1999, they parted ways.
- Alan Smith (2004) – It is RUMORed that Dido had an affair with football coach & retired professional footballer Alan Smith in April 2004.
- Sol Campbell (2004) – In September 2004, she started dating professional football manager and former player Sol Campbell but they soon broke up in December 2004.
- Rohan Gavin (2010-Present) – Dido got married to Rohan Gavin in 2010 and they have a son named Stanley Gavin (b. July 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
Dido is of Irish, English, German, and French descent.
- Due to the complexity of her birth name, she was bullied in her childhood and considers “Dido” as her real name. The word “Dido” is derived from the legendary Queen of Carthage.
- On June 14, 1999, she released her debut studio album No Angel which became the 2nd best-selling album of the 2000s in the United Kingdom. Also, the album was listed as the 9th best-selling album of the 21st century in the UK and peaked at #1 on several charts including the US Heatseekers Albums (Billboard) chart, UK Albums (OCC) chart, New Zealand Albums (RMNZ)chart, and European Albums (Music & Media) chart.
- Dido holds dual British-Irish citizenship.
- She released her 5th studio album Still on My Mind on March 8, 2019, via BMG. The album peaked at #1 on the US Independent Albums (Billboard) chart and UK Independent Albums (OCC) chart.
- Dido is a “diehard” lifelong supporter of Arsenal F.C.
Featured Image by Raph_PH / Flickr / CC BY 2.0