|Laura Pergolizzi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 18, 1981|
Laura Pergolizzi is a singer-songwriter best known for their songs like Lost on You and Into The Wild. Apart from being a singer, they have also written songs for famous artists like Rihanna, Cher Lloyd, and Christina Aguilera. With short curly hair and their signature cross earring, Laura has set a completely unique image for themself. They have a huge fan base with over 2 million followers on Instagram and over 4.5 million subscribers on YouTube.
Long Island, New York, United States
They divide their time between Los Angeles and New York City.
- Father – Richard Pergolizzi
Laura is represented by Ian McEvily.
Indie Rock, Pop Rock, Indie Pop, Alternative Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Ukulele, Harmonica
Warner Bros. Records
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Laura has dated –
- Lauren Ruth Ward – Laura and singer Lauren Ruth Ward started dating in 2015. Eventually, the couple got engaged in 2017. The couple broke up after some time.
- Julieta Grajales – Laura later started dating actress Julieta Grajales. In 2022, it was revealed that the couple had broken up.
Race / Ethnicity
They have Italian ancestry.
- Short curly hair
- Cross earring on the left ear
Best Known For
Providing vocals to the song Into The Wild
Laura’s first album, Heart-Shaped Scar, was released in 2001.
First TV Show
Laura made their first TV show appearance on the talk show, Late Show with David Letterman, in 2012.
Laura Pergolizzi Favorite Things
- Food – Eggplant Parmesan
- Music Idols – Roy Orbison, The Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Jeff Buckley, Stevie Nicks
- The L Word Character – Carmen
Laura Pergolizzi Facts
- Laura started as an Indie singer and did small concerts in New York.
- They were discovered at one of their performances by the band Cracker‘s David Lowery and they were featured on the track ‘Cinderella’ in their album Gentleman’s Blues (1998).
- They have penned down songs for famous artists such as Cher Lloyd, Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Rita Ora, and the Backstreet Boys.
- Before realizing the truth about them being a lesbian, Laura used to date men. But, they had said that they somewhat knew it was not right for them.
- They never got a chance to tell their mother that they were gay.
- They have got a ship tattooed on their chest, which they have described as an acceptance of the fact that life is a journey.
- They are a dog lover and has a pet dog named Orson.
- Out of the various social networking sites, they use Instagram the most.
- In June 2017, Laura released a new single titled Mylène Farmer, which debuted at No. 1 on the French iTunes chart upon release.
- In October 2019, their song Strange was featured in a commercial for the Samsung Galaxy phone.
- In June 2019, they were featured on the cover of Turkey’s digital music magazine, ÖMC Dergi (Dergi).
- In 2021, Laura started using “they/them” pronouns.
- In 2021, they teamed up with Imanbek for a new single titled Fighter.
- In December 2021, they released a new album titled Churches.
- Visit their official website @ iamlp.com.
Featured Image by Laura Pergolizzi / Instagram