|Laura Pergolizzi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 18, 1981|
|Girlfriend||Lauren Ruth Ward|
Laura Pergolizzi is a singer-songwriter best known for her songs like Lost on You and Into The Wild. Apart from being a singer, she has also written songs for famous artists like Rihanna, Cher Lloyd, and Christina Aguilera. With short curly hair and her signature cross earring, Laura has set a completely unique image for herself. She has a huge fan base with over 700k followers on Instagram and over 1.5 million subscribers on YouTube.
Long Island, New York, United States
She divides her time between Los Angeles and New York City.
- Father – Richard Pergolizzi
Laura is represented by Ian McEvily.
Indie Rock, Pop Rock, Indie Pop, Alternative Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Ukulele, Harmonica
Warner Bros. Records
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Laura has dated –
- Lauren Ruth Ward (2015-Present) – Laura and singer Lauren Ruth Ward started dating in 2015. Eventually, the couple got engaged in 2017 and have been going strong as proved by their Instagram posts.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian ancestry.
- Short curly hair
- Cross earring on the left ear
Best Known For
Providing vocals to the song Into The Wild
Laura’s first album, Heart-Shaped Scar, was released in 2001.
First TV Show
Laura made her first TV show appearance on the talk show, Late Show with David Letterman, in 2012.
Laura Pergolizzi Favorite Things
- Food – Eggplant Parmesan
- Music Idols – Roy Orbison, The Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Jeff Buckley, Stevie Nicks
- The L Word Character – Carmen
Laura Pergolizzi Facts
- Laura started as an Indie singer and did small concerts in New York.
- She was discovered at one of her performances by the band Cracker‘s David Lowery and she was featured on the track ‘Cinderella’ in their album Gentleman’s Blues (1998).
- She has penned down songs for famous artists such as Cher Lloyd, Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Rita Ora, and the Backstreet Boys.
- Before realizing the truth about her being a lesbian, Laura used to date men. But, she had said that she somewhat knew it was not right for her.
- She never got a chance to tell her mother that she was gay.
- She has got a ship tattooed on her chest, which she has described as an acceptance of the fact that life is a journey.
- She is a dog lover and has a pet dog named Orson.
- Out of the various social networking sites, she uses Instagram the most.
- Visit her official website @ iamlp.com.
- Follow Laura Pergolizzi on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, iTunes, SoundCloud, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Laura Pergolizzi / Instagram