Developed by renowned nutritionist, Jan Dries, The Dries Cancer Diet Plan is a magnificent diet plan. Created after several years of research, the plan has total duration of three months. The realistic plan being entirely based on scientifically proven facts and theories has benefited more than 300 cancer patients, and is astonishingly effective in imparting relief to cancer patients in their symptoms. In addition to that, patients who have already gone through chemotherapy can use the plan to mitigate its after effects.
Causes of Cancer
Cancer, the most degenerative and horrible disease takes place in human body mainly due to wrong or unnatural ways of living and eating. Dries contends, human beings being basically vegan in nature have their digestive systems most compatible with plant foods.
Primitive men consumed plant foods only. However, with the passage of time, men started eating animal foods which being quite unnatural contributed immensely to nurture wrong eating habits. Animals contain myriad poisonous or degrading elements which do havoc after reaching inside your body.
These wrong eating habits cause elevated formation of deformed cells which get converted into cancer. In addition to that, less consumption of fibrous foods, improper intake of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, high intake of sugary and refined foods etc. are also possible reasons catalyzing the formation of cancer cells.
How The Dries Cancer Diet Will Help You?
The Dries cancer diet consists of several plant foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, lentils, legumes etc. These foods being dense in phytochemicals will foster the development of good cells by rendering adequate nourishment to your body cells.
Besides that, light energy of these food items will trigger healing process in your body. Specifically chosen food items of the plan will enhance your immunity and will make your body more resilient to combat against cancer cell.
Foods Recommended in The Dries Cancer Diet Plan
The Dries cancer diet recommends its dieters to consume foods in their raw form as were consumed by our ancestors. Since heating or cooking spoils a lot of nutritional value of foods, you shall avoid making modifications in the plant foods and prefer consuming them in the same way in which nature has provided them.
The plan advocates consumption of 400 grams of fruits in a day to stay away from the ill effects of cancer. You can consume tropical fruits such as pineapple, raspberry, prickly bear, kiwi fruit, apricot, honeydew melon, papaya, apricot, and other foods such as avocado, bee pollen, almonds, persimmon, chervil etc. These food items will boost your cancer resistance up to 50%.
There are bountiful food items such as proteins, vitamins, enzymes, fats, minerals, sugars etc., providing high intensity bio-photons to your body. In addition to them, to make diet plan more amicable, Dries has permitted its users to use vinaigrette dressing, mayonnaise, and whipped cream along-with food items to enhance their flavor.
How to Follow the Diet Plan?
Should you want to abide by the plan, the best thing you can do is, make slow and judicious move. Raw foods being effective in mopping toxins off from your body and cleaning it from inside are pointed up in the plan.
Since you are consuming wrong foods from a very long time, it might be difficult for you to abruptly jump to new eating habits. So, don’t stress and make small changes in your diet. For example, begin with one fruit in a day and then gradually increase your fruit intake to two, then to three, and so on.
In this way, without putting undue burden on your body, you will be able to bring significant changes in your eating habits. You just have to be prudent about one thing. Make sure that the fruits you have chosen are adequately ripen, and are naturally grown with no artificial methods used to ripe them.
Advantages of The Dries Cancer Diet Plan
The Dries cancer plan has several advantages. Let’s have a look at some of them.
- Since chemotherapy leaves enormous side effects on the bodies of patients, the diet program will stimulate recovery process in them.
- Food items included in the plan being congenial to your body system will boost your metabolism and will make you healthier.
- The plan being self-sufficient will nourish your body with vital nutrients, so, you don’t have to bank on external food supplements. Besides that, food items of the plan are absolutely free from side effects.
- Proper guidelines and directions given in the plan will keep you guided. Aside from that, there are numerous motivation factors in the plan which will boost your energy and will keep you motivated.
Drawbacks of The Dries Cancer Diet Plan
Though the incredible diet plan has numerous benefits, but it has some drawbacks also, let’s find out what they are.
- The plan requires you to bring radical changes in your diet regime, which might cut you from your social groups such as friends and relatives.
- The plan being very strict and restrictive has cut several food items from the diet schedule. You might feel deprived while going along with it.
- Diabetic patients and victims of malnutrition are recommended not to stick to the plan because rather than improving your situation, it might make them worst.
- Dieters might experience physical or psychological turmoil while adhering to the plan.
Sample Diet Plan
The Dries cancer diet inevitably has grown a seed of hope in the hearts of cancer patients. Let’s have a look at one of the sample menus of diet plan.
After starting your day with spoonful of honey, you can have one fruit such as pineapple, kiwi fruit etc. in your breakfast.
Smoothie made up of fresh fruits.
You can have celery, chicory, red pepper, yogurt, asparagus, mushroom salad, mayonnaise etc. in your lunch.
You can have cottage cheese, orange, little bit of wheat germ in your afternoon snacks.
You can have kiwi, gooseberries, orange juice etc. in your dinner.