|Duško Tošić Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||January 19, 1985|
Duško Tošić is a Serbian professional soccer player who has played as a defender for several clubs around the world including OFK Beograd and Red Star Belgrade (Serbia), FC Sochaux-Montbéliard (France), SV Werder Bremen (Germany), Portsmouth FC and Queens Park Rangers (England), Real Betis Balompié (Spain), Genclerbirligi Ankara and Besiktas JK (Turkey), and Guangzhou R&F (China). With FC Sochaux-Montbéliard, he had won the Coupe de France in the 2006–07 season. With SV Werder Bremen, he had won the DFB-Pokal trophy in the 2008–09 season and had also reached the final of the UEFA Cup in the same season. In his home country, he had clinched the Serbian Cup with Red Star Belgrade in the 2011–12 season. He then spent the majority of the latter half of his career plying his trade in Turkey where he won the Süper Lig national championship in successive seasons (2015–16, 2016–17) with Besiktas JK. At the international level, representing Serbia, he had finished as a runner-up at the UEFA European Under-21 Championship in 2007. He had also represented Serbia at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Zrenjanin, Central Banat District, Vojvodina, Serbia
He splits his time between Belgrade, Serbia, and Guangzhou, Guangdong, China.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Milorad Tošić
- Siblings – Katarina Tošić (Sister)
- Others – Dragan Karleuša (Father-in-Law) (Retired Civil Administrator), Divna Karleuša (Mother-in-Law) (Radio Host) (d. March 2019), Ivan Karleuša (Brother-in-Law), Nikola Karleuša (Brother-in-Law), Zoran Tošić (Cousin) (Professional Soccer Player)
He is represented by Soccer Mondial AG, Sports Talent Management Agency, Zug, Switzerland.
- 11, 3, 18 – Serbia
- 3 – OFK Beograd
- 22, 3 – FC Sochaux-Montbéliard
- 13, 5 – SV Werder Bremen
- 25 – Portsmouth FC
- 26 – Queens Park Rangers
- 3 – Red Star Belgrade
- 6 – Real Betis Balompié
- 3 – Genclerbirligi Ankara
- 6 – Besiktas JK
- 3 – Guangzhou R&F
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Duško has dated –
- Jelena Karleuša (2006-Present) – Duško began dating Serbian singer Jelena Karleuša in June 2006. They got married on June 28, 2008, and have 2 daughters together named Atina Tošić (b. September 7, 2008) and Nika Tošić (b. September 7, 2009).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Serbian descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Often sports a light stubble
- Affable smile
- Has a tattoo on his right forearm
Duško Tošić Facts
- A child prodigy, Duško had started his youth career in 1997, at the age of 12, with local club Proleter Zrenjanin. He had represented the team at the junior level for nearly 5 years.
- At the UEFA European Under-21 Championship in 2007, where Serbia had reached the final, he was named in the ‘Team of the Tournament’.
- In February 2010, he had signed up with English club Portsmouth FC but was forced to leave the club within a month and without playing any game. This happened because his registration with the Premier League was withheld due to the club’s underwhelming financial situation and the resultant solvency crisis.
- In July 2020, he was attacked at knifepoint at the Kalemegdan Park in Belgrade and, fortunately, escaped unhurt in the incident. He was exercising there, under the supervision of a coach, in preparation for the coronavirus-delayed Chinese Super League where he was due to represent Guangzhou R&F.
Featured Image by Duško Tošić / Instagram