|Jelena Karleuša Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 17, 1978|
Jelena Karleuša is a Serbian singer who became a musical sensation in the Balkan region of Europe in the mid-1990s with the release of a string of popular albums including Ogledalce (1995), Ženite Se Momci (1996), Veštice, Vile (1997), and Jelena Karleuša (1998). She is widely regarded as one of the most popular Serbian artists of her era and has sold millions of records through her later albums such as Gili, Gili (1999), Za Svoje Godine (2001), Samo Za Tvoje Oči (2002), Magija (2005), JK Revolution (2008), and Diva (2012). Jelena has also served as a mentor and judge on the popular Serbian singing reality TV show Zvezde Granda (2015-2019). She is well known for her outspoken political opinions as well, and for her social advocacy including staunch support for LGBT rights, freedom of speech, and social equality.
JK, Diva, Madonna of the Balkans
Jelena had dropped out of high school and had attended New Belgrade’s High School of Tourism. She had then graduated from a local music school.
- Father – Dragan Karleuša (Retired Civil Administrator)
- Mother – Divna Karleuša (Radio Host) (d. March 2019)
- Siblings – Ivan Karleuša (Brother), Nikola Karleuša (Brother)
- Others – Milorad Tošić (Father-in-Law), Zoran Tošić (Cousin-in-Law) (Professional Soccer Player), Katarina Tošić (Sister-in-Law)
She is represented by Zoran Birtašević, General Manager, Belgrade, Serbia.
Pop, Pop-Folk, Club, Electropop, Electronic, R&B, Dance-Pop
- Grand Production
- City Records
- BK Sound
- Heaven Music
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jelena has dated –
- Bojan Karić (2004–2005) – Jelena got married to Bojan Karić, nephew of the controversial Serbian businessman and politician Bogoljub Karić, on September 23, 2004. They got divorced in 2005.
- Duško Tošić (2006-Present) – Jelena began dating Serbian professional soccer player Duško Tošić in June 2006. They got married on June 28, 2008, and have 2 daughters together named Atina Tošić (b. September 7, 2008) and Nika Tošić (b. September 7, 2009).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Slovenian and Serbian descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She wears ‘Blue‘ colored contact lenses.
- Curvaceous figure
- Tanned body
- Plump lips
- Long, straight hair
Jelena Karleuša Facts
- Known as much for her quirky fashion sense as for her singing, Jelena is one of the strongest social media icons in Serbia. She holds the record of being the first Serbian woman, and just the 2nd Serbian after Novak Djokovic, to cross the mark of 1 million followers on Instagram.
- In March 2009, she had participated in the 3rd edition of the reality TV series Serbian Celebrity Big Brother, as a guest, but had exited the competition on the very next day.
- The title of a 2012 song of hers, Sodoma I Gomora, was featured as a question on the standardized entrance test for the Faculty of Philosophy at the University of Niš for that year.
- In 2016, she had planned a lawsuit against the producers of the 2015 Academy Award-winning documentary about the late singer Amy Winehouse. She had alleged that the makers had used scenes from one of her 2013 concerts as one of Amy’s last Belgrade performance. She, later, decided to drop the suit as a mark of respect towards Amy.
Featured Image by Jelena Karleuša / Instagram