|Dustin Clare Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 2, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dustin Clare is an Australian actor, director, writer, and producer who is best known for having been cast as Gannicus in Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, Spartacus: Vengeance, and Spartacus: War of the Damned. He also gained popularity after appearing as Riley Ward in the show titled McLeod’s Daughters, for which he also won a Silver Logie Award in the “Most Popular New Male Talent” category in 2007. Moreover, Dustin Clare has also played a variety of roles in several other shows and movies which include the likes of Going Down in Flames, The Eye of the Storm, Goddess, Pacific Rim Uprising, Glitch, Wolf Creek, Doctor Doctor, All Saints, Satisfaction, Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities, ANZAC Girls, Strike Back: Legacy, and Reef Break. Growing up, he did not have much intention to pursue a career in the entertainment industry but eventually, he found his calling. Dustin Clare has also branched out as a director, writer, and producer and has worked on projects such as The Meaning of Vanlife, Fish Out of Water, A Time for Making, In Bob We Trust, Love Is Now, Sunday, Cane Cutter, Early Checkout, and The Fragments.
Grafton, New South Wales, Australia
New South Wales, Australia
Dustin Clare got enrolled at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) located in Perth, Western Australia and graduated in the year 2004.
Actor, Director, Writer, Producer
Dustin Clare is represented by –
- Independent Management Company, Talent Management Company, Rosebery, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Silver Lining Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dustin Clare has dated –
- Camille Keenan – Dustin Clare has been in a relationship with New Zealander actress, Camille Keenan, who is known for having been cast in a variety of shows and movies such as The Tribe, The Insiders Guide to Love, Blackspot, Paradise at the End of the World, Packed to the Rafters, Rush, and Matariki. The duo has also worked alongside one another in projects like Sunday, Underbelly, and Satisfaction. In 2012, they were blessed with their first child named Darcy.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimpled smile
- Pointed chin
- Has a chin dimple
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Gannicus, a Celtic slave who together with the Thracian Spartacus, Crixus, Castus, and Oenomaus became one of the leaders of rebel slaves during the Third Servile War (73–71 BC), in Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (2011), Spartacus: Vengeance (2012), and Spartacus: War of the Damned (2013). His co-stars on the shows included the likes of John Hannah, Manu Bennett, Peter Mensah, Nick E. Tarabay, Liam McIntyre, Lucy Lawless, Jeffrey Thomas, Stephen Lovatt, Dan Feuerriegel, Cynthia Addai-Robinson, Ellen Hollman, Ditch Davey, and Pana Hema Taylor.
- Playing the role of Riley Ward in the drama show, McLeod’s Daughters
Dustin Clare made his first theatrical film appearance as Col in the drama film, The Eye of the Storm, in 2011. Directed by Fred Schepisi, the film starred the likes of Geoffrey Rush, Charlotte Rampling, and Judy Davis and was premiered at the Melbourne International Film Festival in July 2011.
First TV Show
Dustin Clare made his first TV show appearance by playing the role of Rick Fallon in an episode, titled New Beginnings, of the medical drama series, All Saints, in June 2005.
Dustin Clare stays in shape by working out on a regular basis. He has revealed that he works out regularly and makes sure to weight train at least 3 times a week.
Dustin Clare Facts
- He spent his childhood years in Ballina, New South Wales as well as Maclean, New South Wales, Australia.
- Initially, Dustin Clare desired to become an agriculturist or a surfboard builder. He was around the age of 18 when he realized his inclination towards acting.
- Between 2006 and 2007, he was cast as Riley Ward in the television drama series, McLeod’s Daughters, and he also won a Silver Logie Award in the “Most Popular New Male Talent” category in 2007 for his performance in the show.
- He appeared as Sean from 2008 to 2010 in the TV drama series, Satisfaction, and the role got him nominated both for a Logie Award in the “Most Outstanding Actor” category as well as a Golden Nymph Award in the “Most Outstanding Actor” category at the 49th Monte Carlo Television Festival in Monaco.
- Dustin Clare served as an ambassador for the Warrambeen Film Festival in 2012.
- His credits as a producer include working on projects such as Cane Cutter, Early Checkout, In Bob We Trust, The Fragments, Love Is Now, A Fighting Season, A Time for Making, Fish Out of Water, and The Meaning of Vanlife.
- As a writer, Dustin Clare has been a part of films and shows such as Cane Cutter, Early Checkout, and Sunday.
- In 2008, he directed the short drama film, Cane Cutter.
- He has revealed that he takes inspiration from his mother.
- Dustin Clare has worked with the White Ribbon Foundation and has also served as its ambassador.
- He enjoys surfing a lot.
- Follow Dustin Clare on Twitter.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0