|Peter Mensah Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 27, 1959|
Peter Mensah is a Ghanaian-British actor, martial arts expert, voiceover artist, and activist who is known for having been cast in a variety of roles in several shows and movies which include Bless the Child, The Perfect Son, Jason X, Tears of the Sun, Hidalgo, The Seed, 300, The Incredible Hulk, Avatar, 300: Rise of an Empire, The Second Sound Barrier, Kevin Hart: What Now?, The Scorpion King: Book of Souls, A Nero Wolfe Mystery, Star Trek: Enterprise, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Spartacus: War of the Damned, Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, True Blood, Spartacus: Vengeance, Transformers Prime Beast Hunters: Predacons Rising, Burn Notice, Sleepy Hollow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and Midnight, Texas. Peter Mensah’s family moved from Chiraa, Ghana, to Hertfordshire, England, when he was quite young and later he relocated to Canada to pursue a career in acting. He is also a martial arts expert and has showcased his skills in several of his roles. Moreover, Peter Mensah has amassed a huge social media fan base with his acting skills and has more than 38k followers on Twitter, more than 25k followers on Instagram, and more than 30k followers on Facebook.
Chiraa, Brong Ahafo Region, Ghana
Peter Mensah divides his time between –
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Peter Mensah studied theatre arts in school.
Actor, Martial Arts Expert, Activist, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Peter Osei Mensah (Engineer)
- Mother – She was a writer.
- Siblings – Peter Mensah has 2 younger sisters.
Peter Mensah is represented by Edna Talent Management Ltd., Talent Agency, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
6 ft 3½ in or 191.5 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Peter Mensah prefers to keep his private life away from the spotlight and has not dated anyone publicly yet. Hence, it is difficult for us to ascertain anything about his love life and relationship history.
Race / Ethnicity
Peter Mensah is of Brong-Ahafo descent.
He had ‘Dark Brown’ hair. But, he is bald now.
- Bald head
- Imposing physique
- Deep set eyes
- Wide smile
- Is often cast as a noble militant man
Peter Mensah has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Having been cast in a number of movies such as Bless the Child, The Perfect Son, Jason X, Tears of the Sun, Hidalgo, The Seed, 300, The Incredible Hulk, Avatar, 300: Rise of an Empire, The Second Sound Barrier, Kevin Hart: What Now?, and The Scorpion King: Book of Souls
- Appearing in a variety of roles in several shows such as Exhibit: A Secrets Of Forensic Science, La Femme Nikita, The Long Island Incident, Once A Thief, Earth: Final Conflict, Highlander: The Raven, The Golden Spiders: A Nero Wolfe Mystery, Enslavement: The True Story of Fanny Kemble, Deep in The City, Relic Hunter, Blue Murder, A Nero Wolfe Mystery, Star Trek: Enterprise, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Spartacus: War of the Damned, Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, True Blood, Spartacus: Vengeance, Transformers Prime Beast Hunters: Predacons Rising, Burn Notice, Sleepy Hollow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and Midnight, Texas
Peter Mensah made his first feature film appearance by playing the role of a Hunky Receptionist in the drama thriller film, Striking Poses, in 1999. The film starred Shannen Doherty and Joseph Griffin.
In the year 2000, Peter Mensah made his first theatrical film appearance as Skinhead in the thriller-horror mystery film, Bruiser. The film starred the likes of Jason Flemyng, Peter Stormare, Leslie Hope, and Tom Atkins.
First TV Show
Peter Mensah made his first TV show appearance as Simon in an episode, titled Welcome to the Callisto, of the family mystery crime drama series, Nancy Drew, in September 1995.
As a voiceover artist, Peter Mensah made his TV show debut by providing vocals to the character of Predaking in an episode, titled Evolution, of the computer-animated superhero action-adventure series, Transformers: Prime, in June 2013.
Peter Mensah has maintained a stunning physique and for his role as Oenomaus in Spartacus, he went through rigorous training sessions alongside his fellow cast members. He trained at the “Gladiator Boot Camp” for 2 weeks and their session took place in the morning and went on for around 4 hours each day. The workout routine included exercises such as squats, deadlifts, bicep curls, lunges, bent over rows, kettlebell raises, pull-ups, dips, press ups, and side planks.
Peter Mensah Facts
- His family comprises of academics.
- His family relocated from Chiraa, Ghana, to Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom, when he was still very young.
- He grew up in St. Albans, England, United Kingdom, alongside his 2 younger sisters.
- Before beginning with his pursuits as an actor, Peter Mensah used to work as an engineer for British Gas developing gas fields at Morecambe Bay.
- He has also worked with various theatre companies and traveled in Europe.
- As he turned 6 years old, he started practicing martial arts.
- Peter Mensah emigrated from England, United Kingdom because he wanted to experience life outside the borders of England and had to choose between Canada and Australia. Luckily, it was the paperwork for Canada that came through first.
- He was considered to play the character of Detective Winn in the American-Canadian slasher film, Prom Night (2008). However, the role was finally played by English actor, producer, director, musician, DJ, and rapper, Idris Elba.
- Peter Mensah met director James Cameron in a parking lot and that’s when Cameron decided to cast him in his epic science fiction film, Avatar (2009). It starred the likes of Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Stephen Lang, Michelle Rodriguez, and Sigourney Weaver.
- In 2008, he provided vocals to the character of Sgt. Zach Hammond in the sci-fi survival horror video game, Dead Space.
- Peter Mensah enjoys playing basketball and is also an avid Wushu, a hard and soft and complete martial art, practitioner.
- He has also worked with several organizations working for the causes related to the environment and also of Africa.
- Follow Peter Mensah on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Colltv / Wikimedia / Public Domain