|Dylan Schmid Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 6, 1999|
Dylan Schmid is a Canadian actor known for portraying various important roles in TV series like Once Upon a Time, Fringe, RL Stine’s The Haunting Hour, and Beyond. He has also appeared in popular theatre plays like Prince of York, Rodelina, and The Hobbit. He has a mild social media fan base with more than 30k followers on Instagram and more than 20k followers on Twitter.
Dylan Ray Schmid
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
He travels between Los Angeles and Canada.
Dylan Schmid was homeschooled from middle school onward. He confessed in an interview with KTLA 5 Morning News that he did not complete his high school. After winning an acting and modeling contest, he got the opportunity to join Kate Rubin Drama and Theatre Studio in Victoria, Canada. He was only 6 years old then.
In 2010, he went to Los Angeles for an intense two-week acting course with Patrick Day and Nora Eckstein at Young Actors Space.
Over the years, he has attended theater classes at the Kaleidoscope Theater, went to the Australian Institute of Performing Arts (AIPA), which is a professional actor’s master class, in Los Angeles, California in 2015, and VFS Vancouver Film School, the AWC actor’s benefit master workshop, in Vancouver, Canada in 2017.
- Father – Todd W. Schmid
- Mother – Sherri Schmid
- Siblings – Todd Jr. Schmid (Older Brother)
Dylan Schmid is managed by –
- Stacey Ando, Talent Agent, Red Management, North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Alissa Feldman, Manager, Authentic Talent and Literary Management, Brooklyn, New York, United States.
- Jill Fritzo, Publicist, Jill Fritzo Public Relations, New York City, New York, United States.
- Chad M. Christopher, Legal Representative, Stone, Genow, Smelkinson, Binder & Christopher, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dylan Schmid has dated –
- Kayla Christine (2015-2016) – Dylan and Kayla Christine dated for a while. Kayla is also from Vancouver Island. They began their relationship somewhere in the mid of 2015 and broke up in 2016.
- Kaitlyn Bernard (2016-Present) – Dylan and Kaitlyn Bernard have been dating for a while. Kaitlyn is a Canadian actress who starred with him in the film 1922. They started dating in November 2016. The couple has not been shy in sharing their pictures on the social media and in acknowledging their family and friends in supporting their relationship. They have been spotted several times together at various events.
Race / Ethnicity
- Straight Nose
Best Known For
- His various versatile roles in several TV series such as Once Upon a Time on ABC, Fringe on Fox Network, RL Stine’s The Haunting Hour on Hub Television Network, Olympus on Syfy, X Company on Sony Pictures Television, and Beyond on ABC Family, among others.
- His performances with many theater groups such as Victoria Shakespeare Society in Prince of York where he made 8 appearances; Pacific Opera Victoria in Rodelina, in the lead role playing Flavio; and with McPherson Theater where he played 2 roles in The Hobbit.
In 2013, he made his theatrical film debut in the fantasy horror drama film Horns by Red Granite Pictures.
First TV Show
In 2012, he made his first TV show appearance in the series Once Upon a Time as Baelfire.
Dylan Schmid Favorite Things
- TV Show – Breaking Bad
- Movie – Enemy (2013)
- Director – Denis Villeneuve
- Social Media Platform – Instagram
Source – Pop-Culturalist
Dylan Schmid Facts
- He started acting at the age of 6.
- While growing up, he used to do skits with his older brother Todd.
- As a young adult, he is more interested in roles that lean towards a psychological thriller storyline.
- He also makes music sometimes.
- He loves books on astrophysics.
- Dylan has a unique playlist that includes artists like Otis Redding, Al Green, Ella Fitzgerald, James Blake, and Travis Scott.
- As a child, he wanted to be like Jim Carrey.
- He has written short scripts based on psychological themes produced as an autogenous film which were available for purchase at www.indiegogo.com.
Featured Image by Dylan Schmid / Instagram