|Denis Villeneuve Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1967|
Denis Villeneuve is an acclaimed Canadian-French director, producer, and screenwriter who is credited with directing some of the most universally celebrated films like Prisoners (2013), Sicario (2015), Arrival (2016), Blade Runner 2049 (2017), etc.
Bécancour, Quebec, Canada
Denis attended the Séminaire Saint-Joseph de Trois-Rivières school in Quebec.
He was enrolled at CEGEP (Cégep de Trois-Rivières) as a science student.
However, he transferred to the Université du Québec à Montréal to follow his passion for filmmaking.
Director, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Jean Villeneuve (Notary)
- Mother – Nicole Demers (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Martin Villeneuve (Younger Brother), He has 2 more younger siblings.
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Denis has dated –
- Macha Grenon – The Sicario director was previously married to actress Macha Grenon. The duo had 3 children, including daughter Salome Villeneuve, before filing for divorce.
- Tanya Lapointe – As of 2020, Denis is married to documentary filmmaker, Tanya Lapointe.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of French and Canadian descent.
However, his hair has turned salt-and-pepper with his advancing age.
Denis Villeneuve Favorite Things
- Films – 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977), Blade Runner (1982), Mulholland Drive (2001)
- Music Composer – Jóhann Jóhannsson
Denis Villeneuve Facts
- His first name is French and is pronounced as ‘Denny’.
- He draws inspiration from the works of Stanley Kubrick, Ridley Scott, Steven Spielberg, François Truffaut, Pierre Perrault, Christopher Nolan, Ingmar Bergman, Jacques Audiard, Yorgos Lanthimos, and Michel Brault.
- In December 2019, Denis was named as the ‘Filmmaker of the Decade’ by the Hollywood Critics Association.
Featured Image by Georges Biard / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0