|Ed Helms Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||January 24, 1974|
Ed Helms is an American actor, singer, and comedian who is best known for playing Andy Bernard in The Office (2006-2013) and Stuart Price in The Hangover film series. He has more than 900k followers on Instagram, more than 1.1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 300k followers on Facebook.
Edward Parker Helms
Ed, Chuck E. Cheese (School nickname)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ed studied at Interlochen Center for the Arts in Michigan and graduated from The Westminster Schools in 1992.
He enrolled at Oberlin College to study Geology but in 1996, received his bachelor’s degree in Film Theory and Technology. He also attended New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts for a semester as an exchange student.
Actor, Singer, Comedian
- Father – John Helms (Navy Veteran, Lawyer, Insurance Executive) (Died in 2013)
- Mother – Pamela Ann Parker (School Administrator)
- Siblings – John Paxton Helms (Older Brother), Susan Carol Helms (Older Sister)
- Others – Nolan Helms (Paternal Grandfather), Bettie Ellen Davis (Paternal Grandmother), Fitzgerald Sale Parker, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Frances Helen Jackson (Maternal Grandmother)
Ed is represented by the United Talent Agency in California.
Piano, Banjo, Vocals, Guitar, Harmonica, Sitar
Sugar Hill Records
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ed has dated –
- Demi Moore (2018) – RUMOR
- As of 2020, Ed is happily married and has a 2-year-old daughter. However, his family prefers to stay anonymous and as such, there is no information available about them.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, German, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, French, and Dutch ancestry.
Moles on his right cheek (near the lips)
Ed has endorsed the following brands –
- Budweiser (2002)
- Sharp Aquos (Voice-over)
- AT&T (2018)
- Burger King (Voice-over)
- Hotels.com (Voice-over)
- Doritos (Voice-over)
- Advair Medication (Voice-over)
Ed Helms Favorite Things
- Movies – Raising Arizona (1987), Apocalypse Now (1979), Trading Places (1983), Rear Window (1954), Groundhog Day (1993)
- Web Series – Children’s Hospital, Burning Love, Jake and Amir
- Restaurants In Atlanta – Eugene, Miller Union
- City For Southern Food – New Orleans
- Episode Of The Office – Dinner Party
- Comedians – Sarah Silverman, Zach Galifianakis, Patton Oswalt
- Bluegrass Bands – Crooked Still, Sarah Jarosz
Ed Helms Facts
- He underwent open-heart surgery at the age of 14. Because of this, he has a scar on his chest.
- Similar to his character Andy Bernard from The Office, Ed loves Cappella music.
- He is a huge fan of The Office.
- He has been featured in the music videos of the songs Hopeless Wanderer and The Wolf by Mumford & Sons.
- He is often mistaken for fellow actor Jason Sudeikis due to their close resemblance to each other.
- In 2015, Helms appeared on the reality series, Running Wild with Bear Grylls to overcome his fear of heights.
- He is very good at playing the harmonica.
- Ed can spin any flat object (less than 2 pounds in weight) on his finger.
- He once almost had a panic attack when he was getting an MRI done.
- He takes interest in politics.
- While playing basketball or soccer, he can run for many hours, however, he finds it difficult to do simple jogging.
- Ed once did camping for 2 weeks in a remote bay in Alaska where he visited via a bush plane.
- Due to competitive swimming in high school and college, his shoulders are very loose.
- He is slow reader, but he loves reading.
- He was actively involved in whitewater kayaking as a teenager.
- Ed likes meditation.
- He loves cooking.
- Helms once built a couple of cigar-box guitars in his workshop for his nieces and nephews.
- Ed has also spent time camping in the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina.
- He does not have stage fright while talking to people but he cannot play banjo or guitar in front of even 10 people. That definitely gives him stage fright.
- Ed loves having waffles for breakfast on special occasions.
- Ed often get hiccups post dinner.
- Ed Helms loves radio-controlled cars, planes, boats, and also helicopters.
- As a kid, he liked chewing Big League Chew gum.
Featured Image by Mingle Media TV / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0