|Eddie Irvine Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1965|
Eddie Irvine is a British former professional racing driver who competed in the Formula One World Championship from 1993 to 2002 with his best performance coming in 1999 when he finished the season as a runner-up, just 2 points behind champion Mika Häkkinen. Before competing in F1, he had participated with immense success, in several intermediate championships and series, winning the 1987 Esso Formula Ford 1600 series, the 1987 RAC Formula Ford 1600 championship, and the 1987 Formula Ford Festival. He had also finished as a runner-up at the 1987 BBC Formula Ford 2000 series, the 1993 Japanese Formula 3000 championship, and the 1994 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race; and had stood 3rd at the 1990 International Formula 3000 series, the 1990 Macau Grand Prix, and the 1990 F3 Fuji Cup. He retired from competitive motorsport at the end of the 2002 F1 season. Post-retirement, he has worked as a media pundit in Great Britain and also built up an investment and real estate portfolio.
Edmund Irvine Jr.
Steady Eddie, Irv the Swerve, Fast Eddie
Newtownards, County Down, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Eddie had attended the Regent House Grammar School in his hometown of Newtownards.
Professional Racing Driver (Retired)
- Father – Edmund Irvine Sr.
- Mother – Kathleen Irvine
- Siblings – Sonia Irvine (Older Sister) (Physiotherapist)
Formula One Teams
Eddie has raced for –
- Sasol Jordan (1993-1994)
- Total Jordan Peugeot (1995)
- Scuderia Ferrari (1996)
- Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro (1997-1999)
- Jaguar Racing (2000-2002)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Eddie has dated –
- Maria Drummond (1988-1999) – Eddie first met Maria Drummond at the Macau Grand Prix in 1988 and they started dating soon after. They have a daughter named Zoe Irvine (b. 1996). The couple parted ways in 1999.
- Manuela Arcuri (1999) – Rumor
- Lucia Galeone (2005)
- Pamela Anderson (2006) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Toned physique
- Tousled hair
- Often sports a rugged stubble
- Affable smile
Eddie Irvine Facts
- He had started racing cars competitively in 1983, at the age of 18. He was initially interested in motorcycle racing but his parents felt that the sport was too risky and encouraged him to practice racing in karts and cars.
- At the 1999 Formula One World Championship, before the start of the final race, he was leading the pack with 70 points and Mika Häkkinen was 2nd with 66. However, Mika went on to win the last race of the season, the Japanese Grand Prix, and Eddie was 3rd which meant that Eddie missed the championship by just 2 points (76-74).
- However, his efforts were enough to help Ferrari clinch their first F1 Constructors’ Championship in 16 years. They defeated McLaren-Mercedes by 4 points (128-124). All 4 of his F1 race wins came in that 1999 season.
- In 2002, he had successfully sued TalkSport Radio for using his image, without permission, in a print advertisement.
- In January 2014, he was involved in a brawl at a Milan night club, with Gabriele Moratti, son of the former mayor of Milan Letizia Moratti. He was initially sentenced to 6 months in prison after being found guilty, but the punishment was later suspended.
- He is a staunch supporter of the Scottish soccer club Rangers F.C.
Featured Image by Eddie Irvine / Instagram