|EDEN Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 23, 1995|
EDEN is an Irish singer, songwriter, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist. He was known under the alias “The Eden Project” between 2012 and 2015, during which he released 6 EPs and more than 70 songs and remixes. In 2015, he shortened his name to EDEN, founded a record label, MCMXCV, and released an EP titled End Credits. In 2016 he released his 2nd EP as EDEN titled I Think You Think Too Much of Me followed by his debut studio album, Vertigo, on January 19, 2018.
The Eden Project, The Spab Project, EDEN
- Dublin, Ireland
- New York City, New York, United States
EDEN graduated from Blackrock College in Dublin, Ireland.
Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist, Record Producer
- Siblings – He has a younger brother and a younger sister.
Eden is represented by –
- Paradigm Talent Agency (Talent Agent) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Scooter Braun Management/SB Projects (Manager)
Alternative Rock, Alternative Pop, Dream Pop, R&B, Electronic, Indietronica, Indie Pop, Dubstep, Drum & Bass
Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Violin, Piano
- Universal Music Group
- Seeking Blue
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Eden has dated –
- Rosie Ashley
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Asian and White)
He is of Chinese descent on his paternal side and of Irish descent on his maternal side.
EDEN Favorite Things
- School Subjects – Physics, Mathematics
- Sports – Rugby, Swimming, Soccer
- Singer – Rihanna
- Food – Lasagna
- Place To Create Music – His Bedroom Studio
- Musical Inspirations – Freddie Mercury, Michael Jackson, Hans Zimmer, Kendrick Lamar
- Artists In 2018 – Jeremy Zucker, Tennyson (Duo), ATO (Rapper), Dermot Kennedy
Source – Billboard, OnesToWatch.com
- He was raised both in Hong Kong, China and in Dublin, Ireland.
- As far back as he could remember, he sang “gibberish” to the music playing on the radio.
- He began studying music theory and practicing the violin at the age of 7.
- Eden started writing music between ages 7 and 8.
- Eden taught himself how to play the piano, guitar, and drums. He “stole” his aunt’s guitar to practice before buying his own.
- When he was 13 or 14 years old, he and his friends formed a band.
- He always wanted to be a scientist or an astronaut.
- In another life, Eden would be a race car driver.
- He covered songs Blank Space by Taylor Swift, Billie Jean by Michael Jackson, and Crazy in Love by Beyonce in the past.
- The last EP that he released under his old alias, “The Eden Project,” was Final Call (2015). The last song was titled Times Like These.
- He always knew that “The Eden Project” would not be a permanent stage name for him, partially because there is a tourist attraction in England of the same name.
- In 2018, he released 2 EPs, About Time and All You Need Is Love.
- The majority of his tracks are written and recorded in his bedroom in Dublin, then uploaded to iTunes, and other music platforms.
- He never writes sheet music, despite being taught music theory as a concert violinist.
- Eden would describe his music in a word as “conscious.”
- If he had to suggest the 1st song to someone who’d never heard his music, Eden would pick start//end from his debut studio album, Vertigo (2018). He described it as “the thesis track for everything else to come.”
- Eden chose the name Vertigo for his album to signify his transition of being a normal teenager to being rapidly thrown into the music industry. He had a “dizzying, difficult few years” hence the name vertigo, a sensation of spinning that is related to problems with the inner ear.
- As of January 2020, his dream collaborations are rappers Kanye West, Jon Bellion, and Logic.
Featured Image by Eden / Instagram