|Edi Patterson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 14, 1972|
|Spouse||Daniel J. O’Connor|
Edi Patterson is an American actress, singer, writer, and comedian, best known for her role as Judy Gemstone in the TV series The Righteous Gemstones (2019). She has also had notable TV series roles in Partners (2014) as Verushka/Veronica, Vice Principals (2016-2017) as Ms. Abbott, The Last O.G. (2018) as Elizabeth, as well as a notable voice acting role in We Bare Bears (2015-2018).
Texas City, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Edi graduated from Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas, United States, and majored in theater.
Actress, Comedian, Singer, Writer
- Father – Denny Patterson (Plumber)
- Mother – Jeanne Patterson (Teacher)
Edi Patterson is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Talent Agent Theatrical) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- AKA Talent Agency (Talent Agent Commercial) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Imperium 7 Talent Agency (Talent Agent Voice) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Shafran PR (Publicist) in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Edi Patterson has dated –
- Daniel J. O’Connor (2003-Present) – She met the actor and producer Daniel “Dan” J. O’Connor at the Hideout Theater in Austin, Texas, United States. Edi was there taking classes, while Dan taught a workshop. On May 9, 2003, the couple tied the knot.
Race / Ethnicity
She has also dyed her hair ‘Black’ in the past.
Edi has appeared in a TV commercial titled Duet for the Hyundai Sonata automobiles.
She is an Episcopalian.
Edi Patterson Facts
- She began her media career as a voice actress with a role of Pirotesse (Sheru) in the English-dubbed version of the TV series Legend of Crystania in 1995.
- Edi also borrowed her voice to Yuka Takeuchi in the video game Variable Geo (1996) and Jun Kazama in Tekken: The Motion Picture (1998).
- Her grandfather had a caretaker late in his life who talked like Elvis Presley and she learned to impersonate her. Her parents would always laugh at her “performance,” making her realize she had a knack for comedy.
- She was born in a very religious family. She and her family visited an Episcopal church every Sunday and also attended their vacation Bible school and Sunday school.
- Edi is very open-minded towards religion and said that “if you really break it down, Jesus, Muhammad, and Buddha were into the same stuff.”
- Edi began her career as a comedian and an improv performer in clubs in Austin, Texas, United States.
- She believes in the”10,000 Rule” given by Malcolm Gladwell in his book Outliers: The Story of Success (2008). He concluded that a person needs 10k hours of practice in one specific skill to become a master/expert at it.
- Edi has a cat named Miss Prissy.
- She moved to Los Angeles, California, United States in 2001 and moved in with 2 friends. She slept on their couch for a full month before their lease expired, after which they rented neighboring apartments.
- Edi is a member of Groundlings Main Company and Impro Theatre organizations and performed at sketch comedy and improv shows across the United States.
- She has served as a guest writer for the well-known comedy TV show, Saturday Night Live.
- Edi is not a classically trained singer or dancer but has sung in a few musicals. She made her TV singing debut with the song she co-wrote for the TV series The Righteous Gemstones titled Misbehavin’.
- Edi finds dancing very challenging. She can remember a melody but still relies on practicing choreography until it becomes muscle memory.
- If she had to pick between acting and writing for the rest of her life, she would pick acting.
Featured Image by Edi Patterson / Instagram