|Ellington Ratliff Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 14, 1993|
Ellington Ratliff is an American drummer and actor best known as the drummer of American pop rock band R5 and for having served as a contributor to the alternative music duo The Driver Era. R5 was formed in 2009 and the band’s discography includes albums, extended plays, and songs like Sometime Last Night, Louder, I Know You Got Away, Heart Made Up on You, Loud, New Addictions, (I Can’t) Forget About You, Say You’ll Stay, Dark Side, Let’s Not Be Alone Tonight, Smile, Hurts Good, If, One Last Dance, Pass Me By, and All Night. In addition to that, Ellington Ratliff has also been cast in several shows and movies such as Eastwick, General Hospital, So You Think You Can Dance, Criminal Minds, The Muppets, Raising Hope, Grown-ish, Red Scare, Violetta, My Uncle Rafael, and All You Need.
Ellington Lee Ratliff
R5, T Rat, Ell, Ratliff
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Father – George Ratliff
- Mother – Cheryl Ratliff
- Siblings – Elden Henson (Older Step-Brother) (Actor), Garette Patrick Henson (Older Step-Brother) (Actor), Erick Ratliff (Step-Brother)
Ellington Ratliff (as a part of R5) was signed with ICM Partners.
Pop-rock, power pop, alternative rock, pop
Drum, percussion, backing vocals
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ellington Ratliff has dated –
- Kelly Voosen (2008-2013) – Ellington Ratliff was dating Kelly Voosen way before he became a part of R5. But, fame from becoming a part of the successful band didn’t drive them apart. They were very much together and Kelly used to put a countdown timer on her phone to count the days he was away touring with the band. Even, R5 fans coined a special name for the special couple, Kellington. However, they decided to go separate ways in 2013 as Ellington’s work schedule proved too much for Kelly.
- Rydel Lynch (2013-2018) – Ellington moved on from Kelly to his bandmate Rydel Lynch and Rydellington was born. However, they didn’t initially tell their bandmates that they were dating. They eventually found it out after spotting Rydel and Ellington holding hands on the beach. They separated in October 2018.
- Dani Leanord (2018-Present) – Ellington started dating Dani Leanord in 2018 and the couple got engaged in October 2020. They tied the knot on September 26, 2021, at Calamigos Ranch in Malibu, California.
Race / Ethnicity
- Fringed haircut
- Slight body frame
Ratliff has an endorsement deal with pharmaceutical giants Walgreens and has appeared in a Comfort Inn commercial.
In 2006, he appeared in a PSA for abovetheinfluence.com.
Best Known For
Being a former member of the American pop-rock band, R5
His band R5’s first studio album Louder was released in September 2013. It recorded a worldwide sale of more than 500,000 album copies.
Ellington Ratliff made his first theatrical film appearance in a drama film All You Need in 2001 as Robbie Crenshaw.
First TV Show
Ratliff’s first TV show appearance came in the reality show So You Think You Can Dance in 2009 as a guest group performer.
Ellington Ratliff Favorite Things
- Music Artist – Jack White
- R5 Song – One Last Dance
- Phone App – Spotify
- Food – Sushi and water
- Color – Dark Green
- Candy – Gummies
Ellington Ratliff Facts
- Ellington Ratliff was named by his parents after the famous jazz legend Duke Ellington.
- Ellington was the only member of the R5 band who is not blood-related to other band members.
- He first met the Lynch siblings at the dance studio in Los Angeles in October 2009. He was invited to jam with them and eventually became a part of the band.
- Ellington attributes all his success to his mother and considers her as his biggest inspiration.
- He was cast as Photographer in the 2012 comedy film My Uncle Rafael, based on Vahik Pirhamzei’s play Rafael Keroo Gandzere.
- In May 2017, he brought to life the character of Ronnie Hawks in an episode titled Red Light of the police procedural crime drama television series Criminal Minds.
- He released his extended play titled Ellington on April 26, 2021, via Ellington Music.