|Emilia Fox Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1974|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Emilia Fox is an English actress and presenter who is best known for portraying roles such as Dorota in The Pianist, Fay in The Republic of Love, Rosie Jones in Keeping Mum, Nadya in The Devil’s Harvest, Dr. Nikki Alexander in Silent Witness, Amy Dudley in The Virgin Queen, and Morgause in Merlin. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Soul Keeper, The Life and Death of Peter Sellers, Things to Do Before You’re 30, The Tiger and the Snow, Flashbacks of a Fool, Ways to Live Forever, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Randall & Hopkirk, Born Equal, Ballet Shoes, Consuming Passion, The Wrong Mans, Jack the Ripper – The Case Reopened, Inside No. 9, Celebrity Gogglebox, Top Gear, and many more. Her theatre credits include plays like The Cherry Orchard, Coriolanus, and Les Liaisons dangereuses.
Emilia Rose Elizabeth Fox
Hammersmith, London, England
Emilia Fox went to the independent Bryanston School in Dorset. After completing her education, she got enrolled at the St Catherine’s College, which is a constituent of the Oxford University. She read English at the college.
- Father – Edward Fox (Actor and was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire for his services to drama)
- Mother – Joanna David (Actress)
- Siblings – Freddie Fox (Younger Brother) (Actor), Lucy (Half-Sister)
- Others – John Almond Hacking (Maternal Grandfather), Davida Elizabeth (Maternal Grandmother), Robin Fox (Paternal Grandfather) (Theatrical agent), Angela Muriel Darita Worthington (Writer and actress) (Paternal Grandmother), James Fox (Paternal Uncle) (Actor), Jack Fox (Paternal Cousin) (Actor), Laurence Fox (Paternal Cousin) (Actor, singer, songwriter and guitarist), Lydia Fox (Paternal Cousin) (Actress and producer), Samson Fox (Great-Great Grandfather) (Engineer, industrialist, and philanthropist)
Emilia Fox is represented by the London-based company United Agents Ltd.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emilia Fox has dated
- Vic Reeves (1999-2000) – Emilia started going out with English comedian and actor Vic Reeves in 1999. They had grown quite fond of each other while working in the comedy TV series, Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased). They even got engaged in 2000. However, their relationship didn’t last much longer as they decided to part ways just a couple of months after getting engaged.
- Toby Mott (2000) – The British tabloids reported that she was going out with artist and fashion designer Toby Mott in 2000. However, their relationship couldn’t continue beyond a couple of months.
- Charles Dance (2001) – According to reports, Emilia was having an affair with actor Charles Dance in August 2001. They had been pictured cuddling and kissing at London’s Primrose Hill Park by the press. The duo first met while shooting for the TV show, Rebecca, in which they were cast as lovers. Their affair created quite a stir as Charles was not only a married man, with two grown-up children, but was about thirty years older than Emilia.
- Jared Harris (2003-2009) – Emilia began dating actor Jared Harris in 2003 after working with him in the West End theatre production of Les Liaisons Dangereuses. The only positive outcome of the heavily criticized play was their relationship. They got married in July 2005 after dating for two years. However, their marriage was unraveling fast as they struggled to cope with the long distance dynamic of their relationship. Plus, she suffered a miscarriage in 2007. A year later, in 2008, they revealed in a joint statement that they had decided to end their marriage. It was later revealed that her depression, which was brought on by the miscarriage, was also responsible for their separation. In 2009, they got officially divorced.
- Jeremy Gilley (2009-2011) – After the collapse of her marriage, Fox found love again in arms of actor and filmmaker Jeremy Gilley, who has also started the nonprofit organization Peace One Day. In May 2010, it was revealed that she was pregnant with her first child. She gave birth to their daughter, Rose, in November that year. However, by the end of the following year, it was speculated that they were on verge of separation as they were rarely pictured together at public events. In January 2012, it was confirmed that they had indeed separated.
- Marco Pierre White (2012-2016) – Emilia started dating British chef, restaurateur, and television personality Marco Pierre White in June 2012. A couple of months later, they were reported to have separated as it was claimed that she dumped him after having lost interest in him. However, the breakup rumors proved to be unfounded as they continued their romance even though their relationship had created a minor scandal as he was still married to his third wife, Mati Conejero. And, he remained married to her during the entire course of their relationship. After dating for nearly four years, they decided to go their separate ways in the early months of 2016. Their separation was confirmed by a very unlikely source – her father, Edward Fox, who insisted that Marco and Emilia have remained good friends. Mr. Fox even indicated about the strife in Marco’s home life. It had been alleged that his wife Mati had assaulted their two sons, Luciano and Marco Junior during a fight at their West London house.
- Luc Chaudhary (2019-2020) – She started dating Luc Chaudhary in 2019. Later that year, the couple got engaged. In October 2020, Emilia confirmed that she and Luc had separated.
- Jonathan Stadlen – Emilia later got married to TV producer Jonathan Stadlen.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
But she often goes for blonde highlights.
- Narrow face
- Sharp jawline
34-25-36 in or 86-63.5-91 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
Emilia Fox has done endorsement for the following brands
Gordon’s Gin (2011).
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Dr. Nikki Alexander in the British crime drama TV series, Silent Witness.
- Being cast in the supporting role of Morgause in BBC’s fantasy-adventure TV series, Merlin.
In 2002, she made her theatrical debut playing the supporting role of Dorota in the biographical drama film, The Pianist.
First TV Show
In 1995, Emilia made her first TV show appearance as Georgiana Darcy in the romantic drama miniseries, Pride and Prejudice.
Emilia used to follow a rigorous fitness routine involving Pilates and gym workouts. However, now in her forties, she finds it difficult to maintain the same lifestyle. But, running after her six-year-old daughter keeps her fit. Additionally, she trains with her personal trainer Amar Prem Singh who makes her sessions fun by incorporating yoga, massage, and meditation into her daily workout routine. When it comes to her diet, not much is known except that she has replaced her coffee addiction with the healthy Matcha green tea.
Emilia Fox Favorite Things
- Makeup Bag Must-Haves – Bobbi Brown Black Gel Eyeliner, Benefit Benetint Lip Balm, Dior Skinflash, Chanel Sheer Foundation and Ruby & Millie Metallic Eyeshadows
- Beauty Essentials – Charles Worthington Time Defy Masque, Sunblock, and Origins Modern Friction Body Scrub
- Beauty Discovery – Givenchy’s brilliant new mascara
- Beauty Icon – Kristin Scott Thomas
- Signature Scent – Jo Malone Orange Blossom Cologne
- Meal – Breakfast
- Food – Japanese Food
- Sushi Joint – Sushi Sasabune in Los Angeles
- Guilty Pleasure – Strong espresso coffee shot
- Travel Destination – Africa
Source – Daily Mail
Emilia Fox Facts
- Apart from English, she is also fluent in French and German.
- While studying at the independent Bryanston School, she learned to play the cello. And, over the years, she has learned to play the piano and the trumpet.
- She has served as the patron of the Environmental Justice Foundation, which is a non-governmental organization that works for the resolution of human rights abuses and environmental issues.
- In 1997, she played the role of the second Mrs. de Winter in Rebecca. Her mother had played the same role in the 1978 version of the TV show.
- The producers of the TV show Pride and Prejudice had auditioned more than 70 actresses for the role of Georgina Darcy before the show director Simon Langton suggested that they hire Joana David’s daughter (Emilia Fox). David had already been cast in the role of Mrs. Gardiner.
- While playing the role of Fay McLeod in the comedy-drama movie, The Republic of Love, she got an opportunity to work with her father, who was incidentally cast in the role of her reel father.
Featured Image by Instagram / Emilia Fox
Gorgeous talented woman