|Emilie Autumn Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 1979|
Emilie Autumn is an American singer, songwriter, musician, author, actress, and producer. As a solo artist, she released studio albums such as Enchant (2003), Opheliac (2006), Fight Like a Girl (2012), and The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls: Behind the Musical (2018), as well as 2 instrumental albums, On a Day… (2000), and Laced/Unlaced (2007). Emilie is also an author and has released poetry books Across the Sky & Other Poems (2000) and Your Sugar Sits Untouched (2005), as well as her debut novel, The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls (2010).
Emilie Autumn Liddell
Los Angeles, California, United States
Emilie left regular school at the age of 9 with the goal of becoming a world-class violinist and was then homeschooled.
She studied at Indiana University in Indiana, United States. Emilie left the university 2 years later due to issues with the relationship between classical music and the performer’s appearance.
Singer, Songwriter, Producer, Musician, Author, Actress
- Father – Wolfgang Friztges (Circus Performer) (Deceased 2004, Of Lung Cancer)
- Mother – Janice Longmire Liddell (Seamstress, Costume Designer)
- Siblings – She has 1 older sibling and 2 younger siblings.
Emilie Autumn is represented by United Talent Agency (UTA) (Talent Agent) in Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Classical, Dark Cabaret, Electronica, Industrial, New-Age, Folk
Vocals, Violin, Piano, Viola, Harpsichord, Lute
- The End
- The Asylum Emporium
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emilie Autumn has dated –
- Jimmy Vanaria (2003-2005)
- Billy Corgan (2005) – In 2005, Emilie dated a fellow singer, Billy Corgan, best known as the frontman of the band Smashing Pumpkins.
- Brendon Small (2006-2007) – She dated a fellow actor, singer, producer, and musician between 2006 and 2007, during the time they also collaborated professionally.
- Marc Senter (2011-Present) – In 2011, she began a relationship with an actor and producer, Marc Senter, who has a black belt in karate and is a guitarist.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of German and Scottish descent.
She commonly dyes her hair ‘Fire Red,’ ‘Blonde,’ and ‘Hot Pink.’
- Bright red hairstyle
- Burlesque, flamboyant, or gothic style of dressing
Emilie Autumn has endorsed brands such as Samson Tech and Manic Panic.
Emilie Autumn Favorite Things
- Authors – William Shakespeare, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Robert Browning, Edgar Allan Poe
- Singer – Morrissey from The Smiths
- Violinists – Nigel Kennedy, Itzhak Perlman
Source – Wikipedia
Emilie Autumn Facts
- She was born in Los Angeles, California, but grew up in Malibu, California.
- Emilie started learning the violin at the age of 4. She asked her mom for one and didn’t get it but doesn’t remember being disappointed.
- When she left the regular schooling system at the age of 9, she started practicing the violin for 8 to 9 hours a day. Emilie hated the school life anyway as she was bullied and called weird and antisocial, so she enjoyed the change.
- She did not share a close relationship with her dad.
- Emilie has 2 pet rats, Basil and Sir Edward, and a cat named Fish or Fishy.
- She is the descendant of the Liddell family on her maternal side. It was the same family that inspired the author Lewis Carroll to write one of the best-known novels, Alice in Wonderland (1865).
- Emilie describes her musical style as “Fantasy Rock,” “Fairy Pop,” “Psychotic Vaudeville Burlesque,” or “Victoriandustrial.” It is influenced by glam rock and her passion for history, plays, and novels centered around the Victorian era.
- At the age of 18, Emilie founded her own label, Traitor Records because a music producer that wanted to sign her to his label started changing her songs in a way she did not like.
- She performed with an all-female backup dancer group The Bloody Crumpets.
- Emilie briefly traveled to Chicago, Illinois in 2001 to record a project. She quickly fell in love with its music scene and transportation system and decided to stay.
- In 2004, she toured with The Chelsea, Courtney Love‘s backing band.
- Her vocal range is contralto. However, she can perform in the range of a dramatic soprano.
- Emilie became a vegetarian at the age of 11 and a vegan in her late teens. In 2014, she reverted back to vegetarianism because she developed copper toxicity.
- Her vocals have been compared to singers Kate Bush and Tori Amos, as well as the sound of an English musical group, The Creatures.
- Emilie was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
Featured Image by Mathias Gawlista / Flickr / CC BY-2.0