|Emily Atack Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1989|
Emily Atack is an English actress and stand-up comedian who shot to fame portraying the role of Charlotte Hinchcliffe in The Inbetweeners. She has hosted and presented many television shows and has done many projects for TV, stage, and screen. Emily is also an impressionist and loves to sing. Her first appearance on screen was on the TV series Blue Murder in 2007 and she later went on to do multiple projects. She bagged her first movie role as Katie in the movie Outside Bet in 2011. Though her career saw stagnancy for a certain period of time, it got the much-needed momentum with her appearance on the reality game show I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, where she was the runner-up. Post then, she has been making many public appearances, hosting shows on stages and radio. She also launched her show Talk Thirty to Me in mid-2019, which has gained popularity across the country. The actress is versatile and is mostly admired for her vivacious and great sense of humor. She has her own way of answering trollers and body shamers and a positive approach to deal with the anxiety related to age.
Emily Jane Atack
Luton, Bedfordshire, England, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
- Father – Keith Atack (Musician, Former member of pop band Child)
- Mother – Kate Robbins (Actress)
- Siblings – Martha Elizabeth Atack (Younger Sister)(Actress, Talent Agent), George Timothy Atack (Younger Brother)
- Others – Ted Robbins (Uncle), Amy Robbins (Aunt), Simon Shelton (Uncle), Paul McCartney (Cousin), Jane Robbins (Aunt), Emma Robbins (Aunt), David Robbins (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth (née Danher) Robbins (Maternal Grandmother), Stella McCartney (Cousin)
She is represented by Intertalent Rights Group, (Talent Agency), London, United Kingdom.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emily Atack has dated –
- Jack Vacher – She started dating Jack Vacher at the age of 13. The couple almost dated for 5 years before breaking up.
- James Buckley – Emily had a short-lived fling with actor James Bucky in the past.
- Harry Styles (2012) – In 2012, Emily dated One Direction’s Harry Styles which was brought to public attention in 2014.
- Seann Walsh (2016) – In 2016, Emily dated comedian Seann Walsh, however, she broke up with him immediately after discovering his relationship with actress Rebecca Humphries.
- Rob Jowers (2019-Present) – Emily started dating TV director Rob Jowers in 2019. She has been very vocal about her romantic relationship with Rob and has posted several images on her Instagram and Twitter accounts. They love spending time together and thus are seen together on vacations.
Race / Ethnicity
- British accent
- Prompt comic timing
In 2011, Atack participated in a stylized announcement for public service, titled Ready, Steady, Drink, a promotion to raise awareness among people about the dangers of drinking alcohol.
Emily has also promoted Walkers Crisps alongside Gary Lineker and has also worked with BT and The Telegraph on different projects.
Best Known For
Portraying the role of Charlotte in The Inbetweeners from 2008 to 2010
She made her feature film debut as Katie in the comedy film, Outside Bet in 2011.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut as Kelly Lang on Blue Murder in 2007.
Emily is fond of food an is not a hard-core fitness enthusiast. However, owing to her profession, she has to spend time on her fitness. Being a media personality who has to frequently appear in front of people, she has to look pleasant and in shape.
She keeps taking projects which helps her lose weight, as her participation in Dancing on Ice (2010) and I’m a Celebrity…Get me out of here! (2018). While participating in Dancing on Ice, she used to practice skating for almost 8 hours.
Also, during her stint in the show, I’m a Celebrity…Get me out of here! she had to stay on limited ration, along with the rigorous tasks that all the participants had to perform to stay in the contest. She attributes her weight loss to all these.
Emily Atack Favorite Things
- Food – Cheese, Champagne salads, Fries
- TV Show – The Handmaid’s Tale
- Books – Everything I Know About Love by Dolly Alderton
- Actress – Kathy Burke
- Fictional Characters – Aladin, Jake from the movie Avatar, Candle from the movie Beauty & the Beast
- Drinks – Wine
- Movie – Knocked Up (2007)
Emily Atack Facts
- Her parents were divorced in 2008.
- Her teachers often used to refer to her as someone who had lost her mind when she would tell her classmates or teachers about her family background.
- As a child, she had 2 white kittens, lots of goldfish, and a big dog named Rosie, whom she loved a lot.
- In a tweet, she revealed that Kathy Burke has been her inspiration and that after watching her perform, she wanted to work in comedy.
- Emily Atack started her acting career at an early age of 17.
- She admits to editing her photos to look slimmer and uses Facetune to hide her facial flaws, before posting it online.
- Emily was body-shamed once when she was out dining at a restaurant. Someone from the diners commented that she is too fat and that she should rather be starving than eating. She bravely shared this incident on her Instagram and said different people have different body types and one should not disrespect it.
- Atack was also a victim of s*xism in the past. She was fans’ favorite for the Fearne Cotton‘s team captain role on Celebrity Juice, however, the role went to Paddy McGuinness.
- During an interview, she said that it upsets her when she is addressed as fat.
- Emily confessed that losing weight is a difficult job, also because she finds it difficult to give up her craving for food.
- The reality show I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! helped her lose weight.
- Emily is a digitally active person. However, during her stay in the jungle, she kept herself away from social media as much as possible.
- Emily came 2nd to Harry Redknapp in I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! in 2018.
- Her series Adulting (2019) was all about exploring how life changes when one approaches the age of 30.
- Adam Thomas, former Emmerdale star, co-hosted with Emily Atack in the TV reality show I’m A Celebrity… Extra Camp.
- She gave a copy of her book, Are We There Yet? with every ticket of Talk Thirty To Me (2019).
- She co-hosted Singletown with Joel Dommett in 2019, a dating show which aired on ITV2. The show revolves around the idea of giving 5 couples a chance to spend their lives as singles again. In the end, they were left to decide if they wish to get back together or live on their own.
- In February 2019, Emily made an official announcement of her association with In The Style, a global fashion brand, and launched her own range of clothes.
- Her uncle Steve is often mistaken with Richard Gere because of his resemblance with Richard.
- Emily is good friends with former Emmerdale star Kelvin Fletcher, who played Andy Sugden.
- Emily Atack and John Barrowman stepped in to host the show This Morning for a week in 2019.
- She was shocked to learn when she was asked by the bosses of The Inbetweeners to not to attend the reunion. They said that her co-star James Buckley thought that Emily’s presence in the reunion might upset his wife. Emily and James were romantically involved during the shooting of The Inbetweeners.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Emily Atack / Instagram