|Emine Erdoğan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 21, 1955|
|Spouse||Recep Tayyip Erdoğan|
Emine Erdoğan is a Turkish political personality who is best known for having served as the first lady of Turkey as the wife of the 12th president of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
Üsküdar, Istanbul, Turkey
Presidential Complex, Ankara, Turkey
Emine Erdoğan studied at Istanbul Mithatpaşa Vocational Institute for Girls.
- Father – Cemal Gülbaran
- Mother – Hayriye Gülbaran
- Siblings – Hasan Gülbaran (Older Brother), Eyüp Gülbaran (Older Brother), Ali Gülbaran (Older Brother), Hüseyin Gülbaran (Older Brother)
- Others – Ahmet Erdoğan (Father-In-Law), Tenzile Erdoğan (née Mutlu) (Mother-In-Law), Mustafa (Brother-In-Law), Vesile (Sister-In-Law), Selçuk Bayraktar (Son-In-Law, Sümeyye’s Husband) (Defense Industrialist Engineer)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emine Erdoğan has dated –
- Recep Tayyip Erdoğan (1978-Present) – On July 4, 1978, she got married to politician Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and the duo has been blessed with 4 children including 2 boys named Ahmet Burak Erdoğan (b. July 4, 1979) and Bilal Erdoğan (b. April 23, 1981) and 2 daughters named Esra Erdoğan (b. 1983) and Sümeyye Erdoğan (b. August 22, 1985).
Race / Ethnicity
- Deep-set eyes
- Wears glasses
Emine Erdoğan Facts
- She is the youngest sibling and originally, her family hails from the south-eastern province of Siirt in Turkey.
- She co-founded the “Idealist Women’s Association”, a name coined by her.
- Emine Erdoğan has been a vital influence behind the “Come on Girls, Let’s Go to School” campaign.
- She was presented with the Pakistani Nishan-e-Pakistan by the former Prime Minister of Pakistan Syed Yousaf Raza Gilani on December 7, 2010.
- She has opposed child marriages and once said, “Forced child marriage is clearly unacceptable under any conditions”.
- Emine Erdoğan was honored with the “Prix de la Fondation” by the Crans Montana Forum at a ceremony in Brussels on February 16, 2011.
- She has amassed a huge social media fan base with more than a million followers on Instagram and more than 600k followers on Twitter.
Featured Image by Yasin Bulbul / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0