|Simon Dominic Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 9, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Simon Dominic is a South Korean hip hop artist and the co-founder of the record label AOMG. He started by rapping in the early 2000s as a part of the Korean underground hip-hop scene. By 2009, he had established himself in the Korean music industry and had formed a hip-hop duo named Supreme Team with fellow rapper E Sens. After the duo separated in 2013, Simon started working as a solo artist and has 2 studio albums and an EP to his credit. He has also been a cast member of variety TV shows in South Korea such as Show Me the Money 5 (2016) and I Live Alone (2018).
Simon D, K-OUTA, Ssam D
Geumjeong-gu, Busan, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Simon completed his primary and secondary education from local schools in Busan. He has also attended Gyeongju University.
- Father – Jung Jin-gon
- Mother – Jang Sun-Pil
- Siblings – Jeong Ki-hoon (Younger Brother)
- Others – Jung Jin-chul (Paternal Uncle) (Fashion Designer)
He is represented by Charles Vacay, Manager, AOMG Music, South Korea.
- Amoeba Culture
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Simon has dated –
- Lady Jane (2007–2013) – Simon dated fellow Korean singer Jeon Ji-hye a.k.a. Lady Jane for 6 year but they broke up because of their differing opinions on marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Korean descent.
- Side-cropped hair
- Sports earrings
- Clean-shaven look
- Tattoos on the left arm
- Sharp Satoori (Busan) accent
Siimon has served as an ambassador for brands such as –
- Albamon mobile app
Simon Dominic Favorite Things
- Rapper – E Sens
- Lyricist – Pharoahe Monch
Source – TheSunnyTown.wordpress.com, InLetsGo.com
Simon Dominic Facts
- When Simon began rapping, he had taken the stage name K-OUTA. Later, he changed his stage name to Simon Dominic which was a combination of the name of the actor Wesley Snipes‘s character in the 1993 movie Demolition Man (Simon) and his baptismal name (Dominic).
- As part of the hip hop duo Supreme Team, Simon has won several major awards including “Best New Male Group” at the 2009 Mnet Asian Music Awards and the “Hip Hop Award “at the 2010 Golden Disc Awards.
- In 2011, he released his first solo album titled Simon Dominic Presents: SNL League Begins with the label Amoeba Culture. The album peaked at number 2 on the Gaon music charts. In 2012, he appeared in cameo appearances in the sitcom Standby.
- When the duo Supreme Team disbanded in 2013, Simon also left the label, Amoeba Culture. In 2014, with fellow hip-hop artist Jay Park, he founded a new hip hop record label AOMG. He stayed the co-CEO of the company from 2014 to 2018, when he resigned from the position. He has stayed attached to the label as a solo artist though and it still represents him.
- His first EP (extended play) titled Won & Only was released in 2015. The opening single from the EP titled Simon Dominic managed to achieve an ‘all-kill’ i.e. it reached the number 1 position on all of South Korea’s major music charts. It also peaked at number 2 on the weekly Gaon Digital Chart.
- In 2016, he was a part of the jury in the 5th season of the musical reality TV competition Show Me the Money. He also produced the show alongside fellow AOMG artist Gray. A member of his time, rapper Bewhy, won the show and Simon collaborated with him on a song titled I’m Not the Person You Used to Know. The song peaked at number 2 on the Gaon Charts.
- In 2018, Simon launched his 2nd full-length album as a solo artist titled Darkroom. The same year, he won the “Hip Hop Award” at the 2018 Korean Popular Music Awards.
Featured Image by Simon Dominic / Instagram