|Seungmin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Seungmin is a South Korean singer, musician, and TV personality who is best known for being the vocalist of the popular South Korean boy band, Stray Kids, and his groupmates include Bang Chan, Lee Know, Hyunjin, Woojin, Han, Felix, I.N, and Changbin. He shares a very close bond with his bandmates and has also been roommates with some of them. During his younger years, Seungmin had some dreams about pursuing a career as a baseball player but with time, he became more interested in music and singing. As a part of Stray Kids, he has worked on a number of EPs, albums, mixtapes, and singles including I Am Not, I Am Who, I Am You, Clé 1: Miroh, Clé 2: Yellow Wood, District 9, I Am You, My Pace, Miroh, and Side Effects. Moreover, Seungmin has also appeared in several shows, such as The 9th, Intro: I Am Not, The 9th: Season 2, Stray Kids Amigo TV, Two Kids Room, Finding Stray Kids, What If You Are A JYP Entertainment’s Trainee?, and SKZ-Talker Go!, as a part of Stray Kids, which has garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 5 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than a million followers on Facebook.
Seungmin, Snail, Sunshine
Seoul, South Korea
Seungmin studied at Cheongdam High School located in Seoul, South Korea.
Singer, Musician, TV Personality
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
Seungmin is represented by JYP Entertainment.
K-Pop, Hip Hop, Electronica
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
- Lean physique
- Chiseled facial features
As a part of Stray Kids, Seungmin has done endorsement work for a number of brands which include the likes of Jambangee Jeans, Ivy Club, Minute Maid Sparkling, Pro-Specs, and many others.
Moreover, Stray Kids has been chosen as an ambassador for the likes of Lotte Duty-Free and Talk Talk Korea Contest (2019) and it has also served as an honorary ambassador for the Korean Culture and Information Service (KOCIS) as well as the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MCST).
Best Known For
- Being the vocalist of the South Korean boy band, Stray Kids, alongside the likes of Bang Chan, Lee Know, Hyunjin, Woojin, Han, Felix, I.N, and Changbin. Stray Kids has won several awards such as Asia Artist Award, Gaon Chart Music Award, Asia Model Award, Golden Disc Award, MBC Plus X Genie Music Award, Mnet Asian Music Award, Seoul Music Award, Soribada Best K-Music Award, U+5G The Fact Music Award, Korea First Brand Award, Soompi Award, and many more. The group has also amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 5 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than a million followers on Facebook.
- Having released popular music as a part of Stray Kids which released its pre-debut extended play, titled Mixtape, on January 8, 2018, via JYP Entertainment and Genie Music and it included 7 tracks – Hellevator, Spread My Wings, School Life, Yayaya, 4419, Glow, and Beware. The EP was ranked at number #2 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart as well as in the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, at number #9 in the New Zealand Heatseeker Albums (RMNZ) chart, and at number #22 in the Independent Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Being a part of the 4th extended play, titled Clé 1: Miroh, by Stray Kids which was released on March 25, 2019, via JYP Entertainment and Iriver. It comprised of songs such as Entrance, Miroh, Victory Song, Maze of Memories, and Chronosaurus and topped the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart as it appeared on the chart’s topmost position. Also, it was ranked at number #3 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #13 in the Top Heatseekers (Billboard) chart, and at number #15 in the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart.
As a Singer
As a member of Stray Kids, Seungmin has been a part of a wide range of EPs, mixtapes, music videos, and singles which include the likes of I Am Not, I Am Who, I Am You, Clé 1: Miroh, Clé 2: Yellow Wood, District 9, I Am You, My Pace, Miroh, and Side Effects.
Seungmin has maintained a fit physique by leading an active life.
Seungmin Favorite Things
- Food – Eggs
- Season – Autumn
- Color – Purple
- Sports – Baseball, Basketball
- While growing up, he aspired to become a baseball player. However, with time, Seungmin became more inclined towards pursuing a career in music as he enjoyed being on stage and wanted to showcase his musical talents.
- In 2017, he became a part of the JYPE family after he secured the 2nd place in JYPE’s 13th Open Audition.
- During the training sessions, unlike some of the other trainees, Seungmin made sure to never miss a day writing his training logs.
- After JYP Entertainment (JYPE) announced a new survival show titled Stray Kids, the eponymous boy band was launched in the year 2017. The agency released the band’s very first music video for a song named Hellevator even before the show premiered and later, the song went on to be released as a digital single. In the show, 2 members, Lee Know and Felix, got eliminated from being a part of the group but, fortunately, ended up being in the final line-up.
- According to Seungmin, the most attractive trait about him is his chubby left cheek.
- As a member of Stray Kids, he has been cast in a variety of shows and dramas such as The 9th, Intro: I Am Not, The 9th: Season 2, Stray Kids Amigo TV, Two Kids Room, The 9th: Season 3, Two Kids Room Vol. 2, Finding Stray Kids, Two Kids Room Vol. 3, Two Kids Room Vol. 4, What If You Are A JYP Entertainment’s Trainee?, and SKZ-Talker Go!.
- While on a vacation, Seungmin enjoys taking pictures wearing animal costumes.
- His idea of a nice vacation does not include running about in hot weather.
- He has said that at times when he forgets to pay attention to his voice, it becomes somewhat nasally.
- Seungmin has described himself as a morning person.
- He has been roommates with Han, Bang Chan, Lee Know, Hyunjin, and Felix.
- If things had not worked out for him in the music industry, he would have probably become a photographer or a prosecutor.
- Apart from his mother tongue, Seungmin is also well-versed in English which he learned during the duration of 3 months that he spent in Los Angeles, California, United States. He went there when he was in the 4th grade.
- He has said that he credits DAY6, Kim Dong-ryul, and Sandeul from B1A4 as his role models.
- Out of all the Stray Kids‘ members, Seungmin is the cleanest one and is also the one who gets teased by his friends the most.
- According to him, he bears resemblance to many artists such as Day6‘s Wonpil and actors Lee Jangwoo and Park Bogum.
- Seungmin cannot eat spicy food and starts sweating as soon as he does.
- He has kept well his jacket that he wore to his JYPE audition.
- He likes to eat fish bread from the tail first.
- His hobbies include eating his favorite meals, listening to music, and writing in his diary.
- Amongst all fruits, Seungmin loves eating oranges and strawberries the most.
- In case he feels hungry and there is nothing to eat, he does not mind cooking for himself.
- In the year 2013, it was reported that a helicopter crashed into Seungmin’s apartment in Gangnam, South Korea while he was busy brushing his teeth.
- Seungmin threw his very first pitch when he was in the 4th grade while attending a game for a professional baseball team named SK Wyverns.
- He has been friends with Wanna One‘s Lee Daehwi during the high school years.
- He enjoys the music by Canadian singer, songwriter, and model, Shawn Mendes.
- Seungmin lives by the lines “Today you spent in vain is the day as tomorrow someone who passed away really wants to live through.”
- Visit Stray Kids‘ official website @ straykids.jype.com.
- Follow the boy band, Stray Kids, on Instagram, iTunes, Spotify, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Stray Kids / Instagram