Evan Thomas Spiegel
Los Angeles, California, United States
Evan Spiegel got his high school education from Crossroads School for Arts and Sciences. While studying in high school, he also attended design classes at Otis College of Art and Design.
He then attended a summer course at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena.
He eventually got enrolled at the Stanford University. However, he dropped out just before his graduation to work full time on Snapchat.
- Father – John W. Spiegel (Lawyer)
- Mother – Melissa Ann Thomas (Lawyer)
- Siblings – Caroline Spiegel (Younger Sister), Lauren Spiegel (Younger Sister)
- Others – Hart Hunter Spiegel (Paternal Grandfather) (San Francisco based Attorney), Genevieve Josephine Willson (Paternal Grandmother), Frank Henry Thomas (Maternal Grandfather), Ann Theresa Beyerle (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Evan Spiegel has dated –
- Lucy Aragon (2013) – Evan dated TV actress and model Lucy Aragon towards the end of 2013. Lucy made their relationship public by sharing a picture of her planting a kiss on his cheek. And, to dispel any further doubts of them being an item, she mentioned Ivan as her boyfriend in a November 2013 tweet.
- Taylor Swift (2013-2014) – Spiegel first met pop star Taylor Swift in December 2013 at a holiday party. After that, they started hanging out. Soon their relationship was blooming secrecy of her estate in Los Angeles. The rumors of them being an item started swirling around after they were reportedly busted kissing on the New Year’s Eve. However, in a couple of months, she had started suffocating him due to her urge to find love. Evan was very much committed to Snapchat and it didn’t sit well with her that she wasn’t the center of attention in his life. Eventually, he told her that he needed space.
- Miranda Kerr (2015-Present) – Evan first met his model wife Miranda Kerr in New York in 2014 at the Louis Vuitton dinner. By the start of 2015, they were officially dating. In July 2016, it was revealed that had got engaged. They took their relationship to the next level by marrying in a private ceremony held in Los Angeles in May 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has German, Swiss German and Irish ancestry, whereas, on his mother’s side, he is of German, Canadian and Irish descent.
- Slight body frame
- Shorter hairdo
His body specifications like chest, waist and biceps measurements are unknown.
Evan Spiegel hasn’t endorsed any brand.
Evan was raised as an Episcopalian.
Best Known For
- Being the CEO and co-founder of the social networking app, Snapchat.
- His high-profile relationship with former Victoria’s Secret Angel, Miranda Kerr.
Evan hasn’t appeared in a theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2013, Evan made his first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, The Colbert Report.
Evan Spiegel’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t available.
Evan Spiegel Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Evan Spiegel Facts
- When he got his driver’s license at the age of 16, his father gave him 2006 Cadillac Escalade, which he often used to take to his high school.
- In 2014, Evan was caught in a controversy as emails from his time at Stanford were leaked. He had used expletive-laden language to crack offensive sex jokes in his emails. He issued an apology for having written them.
- While studying at the Stanford University, he was a member of the Kappa Sigma fraternity. He even managed to get elevated to the position of the social chair.
- Along with Bobby Murphy and Reggie Brown, he developed Picaboo (which was the predecessor of Snapchat) in his father’s house in Palisades.
- He reached out of court settlement with Reggie Brown after he had filed a lawsuit seeking 20% equity in Snapchat.
- He first met Snapchat co-founders Brown and Murphy at a frat party.
- In 2013, he turned down an offer worth more than $3 billion from Mark Zuckerberg as he wanted to build a longtime successful business.
- In February 2017, he joined hands with Murphy to pledge a donation of more than 13,000,000 Snap Inc. shares of Class A common stock to various education, arts and other charitable causes over the period of 15-20 years.
- Until he bought a three-bedroom house in Brentwood in 2014, he used to live at his father’s house because rent was cheap. The interesting thing is that he had become a millionaire during the last couple of years, he spent at his father’s place.
- In his free time, he enjoys flower arranging. He is also a licensed helicopter pilot.
- He bought his first car, which was a red Ferrari in 2015 after he had managed to raise hundreds of millions in a funding round for Snapchat.
- He headed Snapchat’s acquisition of Vergence Labs, which helped him create camera equipped sunglasses called Spectacles.
- He managed to finish as the youngest billionaire in the feature compiled by the prestigious Forbes magazine for two years running (2015 and 2016).
- In 2017, he came under serious flak after his former employee revealed that Spiegel had stated in 2015 that Snapchat wasn’t for poor countries such as India and Spain.
- In 2016, the Forbes magazine had him placed at the 854th position in the Forbes 400 feature that listed the wealthiest individuals across the globe. Evan’s wealth was listed at $4 billion in the list.
- Spiegel is a member of the 21st Century Council of Berggruen Institute, which is an independent think tank that gives a platform to ideas that can shape social and political institutions.
- Follow him on Twitter.