|Fortune Feimster Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 1, 1980|
Fortune Feimster is an American writer, comedian, and actress who first came into the spotlight in 2010 as a participant on the reality TV talent competition show Last Comic Standing. She has played the cameo and supporting characters in several TV shows/series and is well recognized for playing Colette in the romantic comedy TV series The Mindy Project (2015–2017).
Emily Fortune Feimster
Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Fortune had attended the Belmont Central Elementary School and the Belmont Junior High in Belmont, North Carolina. She had then graduated from South Point High School, in Belmont, in 1998.
Later that year, she had joined the William Peace University, a private institution in Raleigh, North Carolina. She had majored in communications and had graduated summa cum laude (with the highest distinction) from there in 2002.
Writer, Comedian, Actress
- Father – Michael ‘Mike’ L. Feimster
- Mother – Virginia H. ‘Ginger’ Feimster (née Hand)
- Siblings – Price Feimster (Older Brother), Jay Feimster (Older Brother)
- Others – William Price Hand (Maternal Grandfather), Evelyn Blanton (Maternal Grandmother)
She is represented by Adam Ginivisian, Booking Agent, ICM Partners, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Fortune has dated –
- Jacquelyn Smith (2016–Present) – Fortune had started dating kindergarten teacher Jacquelyn Smith in 2016 and they got engaged in January 2018. The couple got married in a small ceremony in Malibu, California, on October 23, 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English and Scottish descent.
- Bulky frame
- Frizzy, curly, neck-length hair
- Puffy face
- Affable smile
Fortune Feimster Facts
- “Fortune” was her maternal great grandmother’s maiden name. She was named after her.
- A sports enthusiast from childhood, she was a regular in her high school’s basketball, softball, and tennis teams.
- While at the William Peace University, then a women-only university, she had been elected as the president of the students’ union. She was the student speaker at her graduation ceremony in 2002. The institution, located in Raleigh, North Carolina, had invited actress and Raleigh native Emily Procter as the guest speaker for the ceremony. This is where Fortune had first met and made an acquaintance with Emily.
- After her graduation from William Peace University, she had lived in Spain for a year. She had returned to the United States in 2003 and had moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in comedy.
- She had first worked as a personal assistant to Emily and then through one of Emily’s neighbors, who used to work for Los Angeles Daily News, she got an opportunity to start a career in entertainment journalism, a field in which she worked for nearly 7 years.
- In parallel with this, she was also pursuing her dream of a career in show business, especially comedy. She had joined The Groundlings Theatre in 2005, to study improv and sketch comedy. After a 4-year stint there, she had been selected to join the Groundlings’ Sunday Company, the theatre’s specialized group which writes and performs a new sketch comedy show every Sunday night.
Featured Image by Fortune Feimster / Instagram