Frances Bean Cobain
Los Angeles, California, United States
Frances Bean Cobain studied at the Highland Hall Waldorf School and Willows Community High School in California. She later joined the Bard College in Hudson Valley of New York.
Visual Artist, Model, Singer
- Father – Kurt Cobain (He was the front man for Nirvana band)
- Mother – Courtney Love (Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Visual Artist)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Donald Leland Cobain (Paternal Grandfather), Wendy Elizabeth Fradenberg (Paternal Grandmother), Hank Harrison (Maternal Grandfather), Linda Carroll (Maternal Grandmother), Michael Stipe (Godfather), Drew Barrymore (Godmother) (Actress), Kimberly Cobain (Aunt), Brianne O’Conner (Aunt), Jaimee Rodriguez (Aunt), and Nicole Rodriguez (Aunt).
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Frances Bean Cobain has dated –
- Isaiah Silva (2010-2017) – Isaiah Silva is a musician and frontman of the band The Eeries. The couple dated for 5 years before secretly tying the knot on June 29, 2014, in a Los Angeles Superior Court. Unfortunately, things started falling apart for them and by March 23, 2016, Frances filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences. They were officially divorced on November 30, 2017.
- Matthew Cook (2017-Present) – Frances and Matthew started dating in March 2017. Matthew is the frontman of the band The Ceremonies. They have shared several pictures of themselves on various social media sites and are often spotted together at various places.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish, English, Dutch, French-Canadian, German, Scottish, Welsh, and Spanish-Cuban ancestry.
- Squared jawline with a long rounded chin.
- Sparkling green eyes
Frances Bean Cobain has done some endorsement work such as –
- She was the face of Marc Jacobs‘ Spring/Summer 2017 campaign.
- Frances has worked for Hedi Slimane’s web photo series, released on August 2, 2011.
- She also appeared in a photo feature for Harper’s Bazaar, dressed as Evita in February 2008.
Best Known For
- Her artwork titled Scumf*ck which she exhibited under the pseudonym “Fiddle Tim” at the La Luz de Jesus Gallery in Los Angeles in July 2010.
- Her modeling campaigns for popular magazines like the Elle magazine where she wore her father’s famous brown cardigan and pajama pants for a featured article on children of rock stars in their parents’ clothing.
As a Singer
She has sung for other artists such as Amanda Palmer‘s band Evelyn Evelyn in ‘My Space’ along with 20 other artists. Also, she often shares cover song clippings on Instagram.
Frances is yet to make an appearance in any theatrical film.
Though she was offered the role of Alice for the movie Alice in Wonderland and Bella for Twilight; but she turned down both the offers.
Frances Bean Cobain works out with her trainer Mandee Miller. Frances follows a personalized program called Fusion Fitness. This training incorporates the core work out, with attention to flexibility, resorting to therapeutics of Pilates and yoga with the muscle development and fat burning techniques and HIIT training.
This has helped her in achieving specific goals such as fat loss, endurance gain, stress relief, mindfulness, and flexibility. As a part of her training schedule, Frances often goes jogging in Runyon Canyon in the Hollywood Hills.
Frances Bean Cobain Favorite Things
- Bands – Mercury Rev, Oasis, and The Brian Jonestown Massacre
Source – RollingStone
Frances Bean Cobain Facts
- She was named Bean after her father saw her ultrasound image and thought that she looked like a kidney bean.
- The letter “K” tattooed on her abdomen stands for Kurt. Her mother and her paternal aunts also have the “K” tattoo on them.
- In 2008, she worked as an intern for the Rolling Stone magazine.
- She is not a Nirvana fan.
- She has a cooking channel on Instagram by the name Spacewitchin In The Kitchen where she shares her personal recipes.
- Visit her official website @ www.thespacewitch.com.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Frances Bean Cobain / Instagram