|Franklin Graham Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 14, 1952|
|Spouse||Jane Austin Cunningham|
Franklin Graham is an American evangelist and author who is highly respected in religious circles for being the son of the world-renowned evangelist Billy Graham and his wife Ruth Graham. As of 2023, he is the president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) and the international Christian relief organization called Samaritan’s Purse.
William Franklin Graham III
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Franklin began his high school education at the Christian private school called The Stony Brook School in Long Island, New York. But, he dropped out and instead graduated from a different high school located in North Carolina.
He studied at LeTourneau College in Longview, Texas in 1970. However, he was expelled for being out with a female classmate well past her curfew. He later attended Montreat-Anderson College (now Montreat College) and graduated with a degree in A.S. in 1974. Furthermore, he holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the Appalachian State University, which he earned in 1978.
- Father – Billy Graham (Evangelist) (Died in 2018)
- Mother – Ruth Graham (Died in 2007)
- Siblings – Virginia ‘Gigi’ Graham (Older Sister) (Inspirational Speaker, Author), Anne Graham Lotz (Older Sister) (Evangelist, Author, Founder of AnGeL Ministries), Ruth Graham (Older Sister) (Founder and President of Ruth Graham & Friends), Nelson Graham (Younger Brother) (Pastor)
- Others – William Franklin Graham Sr. (Paternal Grandfather) (Dairy Farmer), Morrow Graham (Paternal Grandmother), Melvin Thomas (Paternal Uncle), Catherine Morrow (Paternal Aunt), Jean Morrow (Paternal Aunt)
In 2023, Franklin Graham’s net worth was $10 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Franklin has dated –
- Jane Austin Cunningham (1974-Present) – In 1974, he tied the knot with Jane Austin Cunningham. The couple raised 4 children together: son William ‘Will’ Franklin Graham IV (b. 1975), son Roy Austin Graham (b. 1977), son Edward Bell Graham (b. 1979), and daughter Jane Austin ‘Cissie’ Graham Lynch (b. 1986).
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Scottish, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish ancestry on his father’s side.
However, his hair has turned ‘Gray’ due to his advancing age.
- Square face shape
- Thin lips
Franklin Graham Facts
- He was ordained at the Grace Community Church, which is a non-denominational church in Tempe, Arizona, in 1982.
- According to Graham, “Homos**uality is defined by God as sin, an abomination to Him”. Thus, he believes in conversion therapy and considers it as a “conversion to Christianity”. Moreover, he defended the Russian President Vladimir Putin‘s ‘gay propaganda’ law and lauded him for “protecting children from any homos**ual agenda or propaganda”.
- Following the horrific events of the September 11, 2001 attacks, he came under fire for calling Islam “a very evil and wicked religion” and later remarking that “True Islam cannot be practiced in this country”.
- Graham was an ardent supporter of President Donald Trump all throughout his highly contentious presidency. Furthermore, he was one of the religious leaders who delivered the benediction at Trump’s inauguration in January 2017.
- In January 2021, after the House of Representatives voted to impeach Trump for a second time, he compared the 10 consenting Republican members to Judas Iscariot, alluding that the Democrats had promised them “thirty pieces of silver”.
Featured Image by Council.gov.ru / Wikimedia / CC BY 4.0