|Anne Graham Lotz Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 21, 1948|
Anne Graham Lotz is an American evangelist and author who came to prominence due to her being the daughter of the world-renowned evangelist Billy Graham and his wife Ruth Graham. Her fame grew exponentially after she founded the AnGeL Ministries and published more than 11 books, including the bestseller Just Give Me Jesus (2001).
Montreat, North Carolina, United States
Anne graduated from high school in 1966.
- Father – Billy Graham (Evangelist) (Died in 2018)
- Mother – Ruth Bell (Died in 2007)
- Siblings – Virginia ‘Gigi’ Graham (Older Sister) (Inspirational Speaker, Author), Ruth Graham (Younger Sister) (Founder and President of Ruth Graham & Friends), Franklin Graham (Younger Brother) (President and CEO of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, President and CEO of Samaritan’s Purse), Nelson Graham (Younger Brother) (Pastor)
- Others – William Franklin Graham Sr. (Paternal Grandfather) (Dairy Farmer), Morrow Graham (Paternal Grandmother), Catherine Morrow (Paternal Aunt), Jean Morrow (Paternal Aunt), Melvin Thomas (Paternal Uncle)
6 ft or 183 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anne has dated –
- Dr. Daniel Lotz (1966-2015) – When Anne was 18 years old, she tied the knot with Dr. Daniel Lotz, who worked as a dentist. Their wedding took place on September 9, 1966. The couple welcomed 3 children – a son named Jonathan Lotz and 2 daughters named Morrow Lotz and Rachel-Ruth Lotz. They stayed married for nearly 50 years until Daniel’s death on August 19, 2015. His body was reportedly found in their backyard swimming pool.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Scottish, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish ancestry on her father’s side.
However, her hair has turned ‘Gray’ due to her advancing age.
- Wide smile
- Tall height
- Lean frame
Anne Graham Lotz Facts
- She was named one of the ‘5 Most Influential Evangelists in the United States’ by the New York Times in 1999.
- In 2018, Anne was diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Her statement that the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the United States took place because it was “God’s punishment on the country for transgender, evolution, and secularism” created a huge controversy in 2016.
- Until 2023, Anne was the recipient of 4 ‘Gold Medallion Book Awards’ from the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association for excellence in Christian publications. These books are The Vision of His Glory (1997), God’s Story (1998), Just Give Me Jesus (2001), and My Heart’s Cry (2003).
- She was born on the same date as notable personalities like Cody Johnson, Brandi Maxiell, Noel Fielding, The Notorious B.I.G., Kevin Quinn, Jack Payne, Josh Allen, Gotye, Nick Cassavetes, Sarah Ramos, Raymond Burr, and many others.
- Anne founded her own non-profit ministry known as AnGeL Ministries in Raleigh, North Carolina. She chose the name ‘AnGeL’ as it includes her initials ‘AGL’ and, according to her, the word symbolizes the fact that “angels in the Bible were messengers of God, and they went where God sent them and they give the message you put on their heart, and I felt that describes what I do.”
Featured Image by AnGeL Ministries / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0