Freya went to Collège Eugène Fromentin in La Rochelle, France and also at Mary Erskine School in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Father – James Mavor (Playwright)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Hugo Mavor (Brother), Alex Mavor (Brother)
- Others – Ronald Bingo Mavor (Grandfather) (The Scotsman’s Theatre Critic), James Bridie (aka Osborne Mavor) (Great-Grandfather) (Ran the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
There is no information about her boyfriend or significant other.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish and Danish ancestry on her mother’s side.
35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
As a model, she became the face of Pringle of Scotland in 2011 for its spring / summer campaign.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Playing Mini McGuinness in the E4 teen drama Skins from 2011 to 2012. Freya appeared in a total of 18 episodes.
In 2011, she appeared in short film Disco for her minor role as ‘Girl in the Queue.’
Freya’s debut feature film appearance was in romantic comedy film Not Another Happy Ending in which she played the starring role as Nicola Ball in 2013.
First TV Show
From 2011 to 2012, Freya appeared in E4’s teen drama series Skins where she played the role as Minerva “Mini” McGuinness. She was also nominated for best actress award for this.
Freya grew up playing a number of sports activities like rock climbing, swimming, tennis, etc. She wasn’t a gym freak while growing up.
Freya likes such things more which keep her moving and challenges her physically. That is why, she signed for a physical theatre course in Paris, France which involved tough dancing and martial arts.
Freya Mavor Favorite Things
Freya Mavor Facts
- Freya was born in Glasgow, but raised in Inverleith, Edinburgh.
- Freya gives more preference to acting than modeling.
- At the age of 10, she watched The Shining and developed an interest in acting.
- In 2008, she became a member of the National Youth Theatre.
- At 2011 Scottish Fashion Awards, Mavor was announced as the “Fashion Icon of the Year Award.”
- One Direction’s Niall Horan asked her on a date in 2012, but she turned him down.
- She knows both English and French and can speak it fluently. She is also good in Spanish and knows basic German too.
- She actually auditioned for teen drama show Skins (2007-2013) after hearing from people on a bus talking about the show.
- She is skilled in various forms of dancing like jazz / contemporary and ballet.
- Mavor also knows little bit of piano.
- Connect with Freya on Twitter.