|George Smith Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 9, 1999|
George Smith is an English singer, guitarist, and pianist who is known for being the one-third of the boy band, New Hope Club, which also consists of Reece Bibby and Blake Richardson. Having grown up in England, he used to perform at local gigs and open mics before he finally decided to form a band along with Blake Richardson in 2015. Over the years, the New Hope Club has gained major love and support from its fans and also enjoys more than a million subscribers on YouTube, more than 800k followers on Instagram, more than 500k followers on Facebook, and more than 500k followers on Twitter. George Smith has also been a part of numerous projects by New Hope Club such as Welcome to the Club, Welcome to the Club Pt. 2, Tiger Feet, Whoever He Is, Perfume, Good Day, Start Over Again, Crazy, Medicine, Love Again, and Permission. Moreover, he has also accrued a huge social media fan base for himself with more than 300k followers on Twitter and more than 500k followers on Instagram.
George Stephen Gresley Smith
England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Singer, Guitarist, Pianist
- Father – Tony Smith
- Mother – Natasha Orchard-Smith
- Siblings – George Smith is an only child.
As a member of the New Hope Club, George Smith is managed by –
- Richard Rashman and Joe O’Neill for Prestige Management
- Sharrin Summers, Hollywood Records
Pop, Pop Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Steady, Hollywood Records, Inc.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Lean body
- Long neck
- Prominent Adam’s apple
- Charming personality
George Smith has either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands through social media which include the likes of the popular brand, Prada.
Best Known For
- Being the singer, pianist, and guitarist of the popular British pop trio, New Hope Club, which also includes Reece Bibby and Blake Richardson
- The immense popularity of New Hope Club on social media as it has amassed more than a million subscribers on YouTube, more than 800k followers on Instagram, more than 500k followers on Facebook, and more than 500k followers on Twitter
- Having garnered a huge social media fan base for himself as he enjoys more than 300k followers on Twitter and more than 500k followers on Instagram
As a Singer
George Smith has released a number of songs and EPs as a part of New Hope Club and some of them are Welcome to the Club, Welcome to the Club Pt. 2, Tiger Feet, Whoever He Is, Make Up, Perfume, Water, Good Day, Fixed, Start Over Again, Crazy, Karma, Medicine, Love Again, and Permission.
First TV Show
George Smith made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in an episode, titled Jim Chapman, of the Saturday morning children’s magazine entertainment program, Saturday Mash-Up in October 2017.
George Smith Favorite Things
- Cover By New Hope Club – Shape of You by Ed Sheeran
- Some Of His Favorite Movies – Jurassic Park and The Lion King
- Shows – The Walking Dead, Stranger Things, and Friends
- Band – The Beatles
- Some Of His Favorite Songs – Castle on the Hill, UNI, She, and Touch & Go by Ed Sheeran, Air by Shawn Mendes, Perfect Strangers (ft. JP Cooper) by Jonas Blue
- Holiday Destination – Spain
- Song To Sing In The Shower – Work It Out by Beyonce
Source – YouTube
George Smith Facts
- He grew up in England, United Kingdom.
- George Smith founded the band, New Hope Club along with Blake Richardson in October 2015 and they were later joined by Reece Bibby, who previously was a member of another boy band named Stereo Kicks that got dissolved after it failed to land a record deal in July 2015. Reece became the 3rd member of the band in November 2015.
- During their initial days, the members of New Hope Club used to release a number of covers of several songs by artists such as The Vamps, One Direction, 5 Seconds of Summer, Justin Bieber, and Shawn Mendes.
- The first recording of the New Hope Club was a cover of the song Wake Up by the pop-rock boy band, The Vamps in October 2015.
- After New Hope Club was signed by Steady Records in December 2015, it became the 2nd band to be signed by the record label after The Tide.
- New Hope Club has been a constant supporter of The Vamps and has also accompanied the band on a number of its tours which include its 2018 USA tour.
- All the members of New Hope Club, Reece Bibby, Blake Richardson, and George Smith, are originally from Northern England, England, United Kingdom.
- As a member of the New Hope Club, George Smith was nominated for the 2017 Teen Choice Award in the “Choice Next Big Thing” category.
- The first headline show by New Hope Club was held at O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire located in London, England on the 1st and 2nd of June 2018.
- George Smith has stated that he credits singer, songwriter, guitarist, record producer, and actor, Ed Sheeran, as his idol.
- After the music video of the song Medicine was released, it became the fastest music video by New Hope Club to reach 1 million views on YouTube.
- Before forming the band, George Smith used to perform at open mics.
- He has arachnophobia i.e. the fear of spiders.
- He easily falls asleep while traveling on a train or in a car.
- George Smith enjoys eating pizza and chicken.
- He loves all animals, especially dogs, and has 2 pet dogs named Toffee and Phoebe.
- He is a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise.
- George Smith also enjoys watching football games and supports the professional football club, Tottenham Hotspur.
- He has opened for as well as worked alongside many other artists which include the likes of Tini Stoessel and Sabrina Carpenter.
- Visit the official website of the band New Hope Club @ newhopeclub.com.
- Follow New Hope Club on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Spotify, iTunes, and YouTube.
- Follow George Smith on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by George Smith / Instagram