|Geraldine Chaplin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1944|
Geraldine Chaplin is an English-American actress, voiceover artist, dancer, model, and writer who is the daughter of popular artist Charlie Chaplin. She is known for several of her on-screen roles which include appearing as Tonya Gromeko in Doctor Zhivago, Carol McNeil in Z.P.G., Opal in Nashville, Karen Hood in Welcome to L.A., Emily in Remember My Name, Josephine in ¿Para qué sirve un oso?, Hannah Chaplin in Chaplin, Contessa Rachel Sangalletti in My Cousin Rachel, and Marie in In the City Without Limits.
Geraldine Leigh Chaplin
Santa Monica, California, United States
She divides her time amongst her residences in Miami, Madrid, Spain, and Corsier-sur-Vevey, Switzerland.
Geraldine Chaplin attended boarding school and also took ballet lessons at the Royal Ballet School.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Writer, Dancer, Model
- Father – Charlie Chaplin (Actor, Director, Composer, Screenwriter, Producer, Editor)
- Mother – Oona O’Neill (Actress)
- Siblings – Michael Chaplin (Younger Brother) (Actor, Writer, Producer), Josephine Chaplin (Younger Sister) (Actress), Victoria Chaplin (Younger Sister) (Circus Performer), Eugene Chaplin (Younger Sister) (Recording Engineer, Documentary Filmmaker), Christopher Chaplin (Younger Brother) (Composer, Actor)
- Others – Sydney Chaplin (Older Half-Brother) (Actor), Charles Chaplin Jr. (Older Half-Brother) (Actor), Jean-Baptiste Thiérrée (Brother-In-Law) (Actor, Director), Kiera Chaplin (Niece) (Actress, Producer), Carmen Chaplin (Niece) (Actress, Producer, Director), Dolores Chaplin (Niece) (Actress, Producer), Syd Chaplin (Uncle) (Actor, Director, Writer)
Geraldine Chaplin is represented by Agence Artistique Artciné, Talent Agency, Paris, France.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Geraldine Chaplin has dated –
- Bobby Darin
- Carlos Saura (1967-1979) – She was in a long-term relationship with Spanish film director Carlos Saura and they parent a son named Shane Saura Chaplin.
- Patricio Castilla (2006-Present) – In 2006, she married Chilean cinematographer Patricio Castilla and they have a daughter named Oona Chaplin.
Race / Ethnicity
Geraldine Chaplin is of English, Irish, and Scottish descent.
- Sports forehead bangs
- High cheekbones
- Wears sunglasses on her head
Geraldine Chaplin Facts
- While growing up, she wanted to become a ballerina but things did not quite work out that way and she once said, “I didn’t leave ballet, ballet left me”.
- Geraldine Chaplin co-starred alongside Anthony Perkins, Moses Gunn, Berry Berenson, Jeff Goldblum, and Dennis Franz in the 1978 thriller film, Remember My Name. She was cast as Emily, an ex-con and ex-wife, and this role won her the Miami International Film Festival Award for “Best Actress” as well as the Paris Film Festival Award for “Best Actress”.
- In 1982, she served as a member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Apart from English, she is also well-versed in Spanish and French.
- Geraldine Chaplin was cast as Hannah Chaplin, her own real grandmother, in the 1992 biographical comedy-drama film, Chaplin, and this role got her nominated for the Golden Globe Award in the “Best Supporting Actress” category.
- In 2006, she was honored with the Gold medal by the Spanish Academy of Cinematographic Arts and Sciences for her contributions to Spanish cinema.
Featured Image by Ruben Ortega / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0