|Greg Berlanti Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||May 24, 1972|
Greg Berlanti is an American writer, producer, and director who is best known for directing the films The Broken Hearts Club: A Romantic Comedy (2000), Life as We Know It (2010), and Love, Simon (2018). He had written the scripts for the first 2 of those films and has produced movies such as Green Lantern (2011), Pan (2015), and Free Guy (2021). He has also written and executive produced several TV series including Dawson’s Creek (1998–2003), Everwood (2002-2006), Brothers & Sisters (2006-2008), Arrow (2012), The Flash (2014-Present), Supergirl (2015-2021), and Legends of Tomorrow (2016-Present).
Suffern, Ramapo, Rockland County, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Greg had attended Rye High School, a public school in Rye, New York. After his high school graduation, he had joined Northwestern University, a private research university in Evanston, Illinois. He had studied playwriting there, graduating in 1994.
Writer, Producer, Director
- Father – Eugene Berlanti
- Mother – Barbara Moller Berlanti
- Siblings – Dina Berlanti (Sister)
- Others – Eugene ‘Gene’ Berlanti (Paternal Grandfather), Helen Del Grande (Paternal Grandmother), John William Moller (Maternal Grandfather), Bertha Elizabeth ‘Betty’ Parker (Maternal Grandmother), Alicia Rogers (Sister-in-Law), Timothy Rogers (Brother-in-Law), Katie Rose Rogers (Sister-in-Law), Nicole Camilla Rogers (Sister-in-Law), Robert Hampton Rogers II (Father-in-Law), Theresa Rogers (Mother-in-Law), Katie Segerson (Niece), Hannah Segerson (Niece)
Greg Berlanti’s net worth had been $200 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Greg has dated –
- Robbie Rogers (2013-Present) – Greg had started dating TV producer, businessman, model, fashion designer, and former professional soccer player Robert Hampton Rogers III aka Robbie Rogers, 15 years younger than him, in May 2013. Robbie is the first openly gay man to compete in a major North American professional sports league when he had played his first match for the LA Galaxy in May 2013. They eventually got engaged on December 31, 2016, and got married on December 2, 2017, in a ceremony in Malibu, California. They have 2 children, born via surrogacy – a son named Caleb Berlanti (b. February 18, 2016) and a daughter named Mia Barbara Rogers-Berlanti (b. May 13, 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent on his father’s side and of English, Irish, and German descent on his mother’s side.
- Slender frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Clean-shaven look
Greg Berlanti Facts
- Greg’s break in the entertainment industry had come in 1998 when he had secured a writing job on the teen drama TV series Dawson’s Creek. He later became a staff writer there, then the executive producer, and ultimately the showrunner.
- In the 2017–18 TV season, he had tied Jerry Bruckheimer’s 2005–06 record of having 10 different live-action scripted TV series airing at the same time. He had extended the record to 14 in the 2018-19 season and 18 in the 2019–20 season.
- In 2020, he had been featured in Time magazine’s annual list of the ‘100 Most Influential People’.
- The logo used by his film company, Berlanti Productions, features a family with their backs to the audience and the quote, ‘Greg, move your head!’. This is a tribute to his father who used to often yell at Greg, in his childhood days, whenever he was blocking the TV screen.
- In May 2022, Greg was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Featured Image by Greg Berlanti / Instagram