|Greta Gerwig Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1983|
Greta Gerwig is an American actress, voice artist, theatre artist, screenwriter, and director who initially gained acclaim after working on and appearing in several mumblecore films. Over the years, she has been cast in a number of films which include No Strings Attached, Frances Ha, Arthur, To Rome with Love, 20th Century Women, White Noise, Hannah Takes the Stairs, Isle of Dogs, Lola Versus, LOL, Baghead, Damsels in Distress, Yeast, Nights and Weekends, I Thought You Finally Completely Lost It, Jackie, You Wont Miss Me, Eden, The House of the Devil, Greenberg, The Humbling, The House of the Devil, Mistress America, Northern Comfort, Art House, The Dish & the Spoon, Maggie’s Plan, Wiener-Dog, and The Meyerowitz Stories. Greta Gerwig has also been a part of many television projects such as China, IL, Portlandia, The Mindy Project, and The Ghost and Molly McGee. Moreover, she made her solo directorial debut with the 2017 coming-of-age comedy-drama film Lady Bird and this got her nominated for the Academy Awards for “Best Director” and “Best Original Screenplay”.
Greta Celeste Gerwig
Sacramento, California, United States
Greta went to an all-girls Catholic school and then to Barnard College. She graduated from college with a degree in English and Philosophy.
Actress, theatre artist, playwright, film director, screenwriter, voice artist
- Father – Gordon Gerwig (Financial consultant and computer programmer)
- Mother – Christine Gerwig (Nurse)
- Siblings – She has 1 younger brother.
- Others – Roger Wesley Gerwig (Paternal Grandfather), Ruth Genevieve Fox (Paternal Grandmother), Ralph William Sauer (Maternal Grandfather), Betty Jane Foley (Maternal Grandmother)
Greta has been represented by –
- Management 360
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Her net worth has been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Greta Gerwig has dated –
- Noah Baumbach (2011-Present) – Greta started dating Noah Baumbach after having grown close during the shooting of the drama-comedy, Greenberg. She was the leading actress whereas he was the director and scriptwriter of the movie. They also have extended their partnership in professional life as well and have teamed up for projects such as Frances Ha (2013), Mistress America (2015) and While we’re Young (2015). He believes that the emotional connection between them adds quality to his projects. In March 2019, they welcomed their first child together, a baby boy named Harold. In November 2022, it was revealed that they were expecting their 2nd child together.
Race / Ethnicity
Greta has German, Irish, Cornish, and English ancestry.
34-27-35 in or 86-68.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
10 (US) or 7.5 (UK) or 40.5 (EU)
She was raised as a “Unitarian Universalist”.
Best Known For
- Playing the critically acclaimed role of Frances Halladay in the 2012 release Frances Ha
- Having played the role of Becky in the Penelope Skinner play, The Village Bike
In 2006, Greta starred in her debut film LOL as herself.
First TV Show
Greta made her TV show debut in 2011 by lending voice to the character Pony Merks in the animated series China, IL.
Over the years, Greta has got enrolled in various exercise classes to tone her svelte figure. In preparation for her role in the 2015 release Mistress America, she signed up for the SoulCycle classes. This helped her achieve two goals.
One was to get her body in stunning shape the other was to observe her instructors at the SoulCycle studio as her character in the gym had the same profession.
Greta Gerwig Favorite Things
- New York Theater – Rattlestick Playwrights Theater at 224 Waverly Place
- New York Bar – Swat Bar at 59 Canal St.
- Karaoke Song – We Built This City (By Starship)
- Song – Lay My Love (By Brian Eno and John Cale)
- New York Park – Abingdon Square Park
Source – NY Post, Spin, My Domaine
Greta Gerwig Facts
- While growing up, she wanted to carve out a career in ballet dancing but after growing to a gangly height, she decided to go for acting.
- While studying at Barnard College, she used to write plays and co-founded an improv group named “The Tea Party Ensemble.”
- In her teens, she was a part of the hip-hop dance group, Fly Style and later joined a younger dance group named “Touch of Style.”
- During her early struggling days, she did miscellaneous jobs including working as an SAT Teacher at night and nanny during the day.
- Some of her influences include Woody Allen, Howard Hawks, Ernst Lubitsch, Carole Lombard, Joan Didion, Patti Smith, Chantal Akerman, Claire Denis, Mia Hansen-Løve, John Huston, Mike Leigh, and Agnès Varda.
- She operated a suicide prevention center and sometimes distributed free doughnuts just for fun along with teaching tap dancing for free.
- She wrote and directed the 2019 coming-of-age period drama film Little Women, the 7th film adaptation of the 1868 novel of the same name by Louisa May Alcott. This got her nominated for an Academy Award for “Best Adapted Screenplay”.
- She is not on social media.