|Greta Gerwig Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1983|
Greta Celeste Gerwig
Sacramento, California, United States
Greta went to an all-girls Catholic school and then to Barnard College. She graduated from college with a degree in English and Philosophy.
Actress, playwright, film director, screenwriter
- Father – Gordon Gerwig (Financial consultant and computer programmer)
- Mother – Christine Gerwig (Nurse)
- Siblings – She has 1 younger brother.
Greta is represented by Management 360.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Greta Gerwig has dated –
- Noah Baumbach (2011-Present) – Greta started dating Noah Baumbach after having grown close during the shooting of the drama-comedy, Greenberg. She was the leading actress whereas he was the director and scriptwriter of the movie. They also have extended their partnership in professional life as well and have teamed up for projects such as Frances Ha (2013), Mistress America (2015) and While we’re Young (2015). He believes that the emotional connection between them adds quality to his projects.
Race / Ethnicity
Greta has German, Irish, and English ancestry.
34-27-35 in or 86-68.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
10 (US) or 40.5 (EU)
She was raised as a “Unitarian Universalist”.
Best Known For
- Playing the critically acclaimed role of Frances Halladay in the 2012 release Frances Ha.
- Having played the role of Becky in the Penelope Skinner play, The Village Bike.
In 2006, Greta starred in her debut film LOL as herself.
First TV Show
Greta made her TV show debut in 2011 by lending voice to the character Pony Merks in the animated series China, IL.
Over the years, Greta has got enrolled at various exercise classes to tone her svelte figure. In preparation for her role in 2015 release Mistress America, she signed up for the SoulCycle classes. This helped her achieve two goals.
One was to get her body in stunning shape the other was to observe her instructors at the SoulCycle studio as her character in the gym had the same profession.
Greta Gerwig Favorite Things
- New York Theater – Rattlestick Playwrights Theater at 224 Waverly Place
- New York Bar – Swat Bar at 59 Canal St.
- Karaoke Song – We Built This City (By Starship)
- Song – Lay My Love (By Brian Eno and John Cale)
- New York Park – Abingdon Square Park
Greta Gerwig Facts
- While growing up, she wanted to carve out a career in ballet dancing but after growing to a gangly height, she decided to go for acting.
- While studying at the Barnard College, she used to write plays and co-founded an improv group named “The Tea Party Ensemble.”
- In her teens, she was a part of the hip-hop dance group, Fly Style and later joined a younger dance group named “Touch of Style.”
- During her early struggling days, she did miscellaneous jobs including working as a SAT Teacher in the night and nanny during the day.
- She operated a suicide prevention center and sometimes distributed free doughnuts just for fun along with teaching tap dancing for free.
- She is not on social media.