|Gupi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1999|
Gupi is an American electronic musician who is widely known for having released various albums including None (2020), a number of EPs like Bunny Hill Original Soundtrack (2021) and numerous singles such as Butterfly Knife (2021).
Encinitas, California, United States
He has pursued a degree in Electronic Production at Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Father – Tony Hawk (Professional Skateboarder & Entrepreneur)
- Mother – Erin Lee
- Siblings – Keegan Hawk (Younger Brother)
Hyperpop, Experimental Pop
- Dog Show Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Irish, and German descent on his father’s side of the family.
- Sharp nose
- Cheerful smile
- Wavy hair
Gupi Favorite Things
- Cartoon Character – Sonic the Hedgehog having proclaimed to have had a lifelong infatuation with the anthropomorphic being
- Musician – Skrillex, who has always been a huge inspiration for him and left him fascinated with his originality and unique creativity
- Food – Junk
Source – Red Bull
- He has enjoyed skating ever since he was a child and after growing up, he has liked doing it recreationally. He has recollected that he had always known that it was not something he would wish to make a career out of. His mother had recommended he try guitar as a child, which had fuelled his interest in music, following which he had taken a few lessons, and fallen totally in love.
- He has revealed that he had come up with his moniker Gupi casually when he was in the 9th grade and has liked to think that it has represented a fish.
- Gupi has recalled that in school, he used to play in a rock band with some of his friends. When he discovered artists such as Skrillex, he decided to pursue electronic music instead. He went on to work on electronic music throughout the middle school as well as high school, making albums and songs. However, he would just keep them to himself as he had no idea how to upload them online. Eventually, he started connecting with other producers via SoundCloud.
- Gupi has stated that he had originally produced music under the name W3N, when he was asked to join a DIY label/collective of artists. He started dropping music as Gupi in 2016, at the age of 17. He has remembered that prior to enrolling in Berklee’s new electronic production program, he never had formal mentors, and only had internet friends and YouTube tutorials. When he began putting out music as Gupi, he taught himself everything up until that point.
- Gupi has clarified that though his father has been supportive of his work, Gupi has made a very large point of never involving him in his music work, be it name-wise or financial-wise as he would not feel accomplished otherwise.
- He has made all of his release artwork in the default Mac application called Preview.
- He has disclosed that he has relished Taco Bell. However, he had found it upsetting when they changed the menu and took away all his favorite items including the classic Quesarito, which had got him hooked leading him to have it for years. He added that he has had to order it on the app to get one, and has wished it would be back on the regular menu.
Featured Image by Gupi / Instagram