|Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 26, 1988|
Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson
Thor, The Mountain
Strongman, actor, basketball player
- Father – Bjorn Thor Reynisson
- Mother – Ragnheidur Margret Juliusdottir
Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson is represented by Ásbraut 13.
6 ft 9 in or 206 cm
180 kg or 400 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson has dated
- In June 2016, Hafþór was pictured out on a shopping trip with an unidentified woman in Beverly Hills. A couple of days earlier, he had shared a bikini-clad picture of his new lady love on his social media account.
- Hafþór has a daughter Theresa Líf. Her exact date of birth isn’t known, however, as of June 2017, she was 8 years old. The identity of her mother has been kept a secret as well.
- Kelsey Morgan Henson (2017-Present) – Thor had met Kelsey Morgan Henson at the Earls Kitchen in Alberta, Canada in September 2017. She was working as a waitress in a restaurant where he had come to have some food because he was in the town for the strongman competition. They soon started dating and got married in 2018 which was confirmed in October 2018. The couple welcomed their first child together, a son born on 11:19 AM on September 26, 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
- Large and imposing body
- Balding hairline
- Trimmed beard
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 60 in or 152.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 22 in or 56 cm
- Waist – 48 in or 122 cm
Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson has done endorsement work for the Heavy Bubbles Mineral Water.
He has also endorsed SodaStream.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most popular professional strongman competitors.
- Playing the role of Ser Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane in the popular fantasy action TV series, Game of Thrones.
He made his first theatrical film appearance playing the lead role in the action thriller movie, Operation Ragnarök in 2017.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of his strongman competitions, his first TV show appearance came in the iconic HBO TV series, Game of Thrones in 2014.
Hafþór follows a disciplined workout routine, which requires him to hit the gym six days a week, and allowing room for more if need be. However, he doesn’t follow a fixed workout regime and tends to switch it on a weekly basis, which helps him avoid hitting a plateau. Depending on his workout regime, his sessions can last anywhere between an hour to three hours. Also, he includes stretching and cardio in his routine, depending on his workout goal.
Hafþór ensures that he is eating a lot, to fuel his enormous body, by fitting about six to eight meals in a single day. He focuses on eating a lot of sweet potatoes, fish, chicken, and meat and also doesn’t shy away from good fats such as almonds and cocoa butter. Plus, he eats a lot of veggies such as broccoli, spinach, and avocado.
Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson Favorite Things
Source – SI
Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson Facts
- In January 2015, he became the first competitor to carry a 10 m (33 ft.) long log that weighed 650 kg (1,430 lbs.) for five steps. This helped him break the 1000-years-old Viking record.
- While growing up, he dreamt of becoming a professional basketball player. He participated in a number of events until the age of 20, but he was forced to quit due to an ankle problem.
- He has played for Iceland’s under-18 and under-17 national basketball teams.
- He started lifting weights to take care of his troublesome ankle. When he was operated on for the second time, he decided to take a break from basketball and focus on strengthening his ankle.
- He had to do most of his stunts on his own in the Game of Thrones as the production team couldn’t find a stunt double of his size and build.
- He is the third actor to be hired to play the role of Gregor ‘The Mountain’ Clegane in the Game of Thrones, and the only actor to have lasted beyond one season.
- When he started his strongman training regime, his weight was around 105-110 kgs.
- He started a spirits company, Icelandic Mountain Vodka in 2016.
- He suffers from Bell’s palsy (a type of facial paralysis). He was diagnosed with it in March 2017.
- Hafþór has many tattoos on his body. Some of them are about Norse deities, Viking culture, and Jón Páll Sigmarsson (was a strongman from Iceland).
- Visit his official website @ hafthorbjornsson.com.
Featured Image by Ellen Finch / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0