|Hikari Mori Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 22, 1992|
|Shoe Size||7.5 (US)|
Hikari Mori is a Japanese model, actress, TV host, and designer who is known for having worked with several well-known brands such as Jimmy Choo, Levi’s, Calzedonia, Louis Vuitton, Max Mara, Nike, BVLGARI, Salvatore Ferragamo, Tiffany & Co., Marc Jacobs, Chloe, ETRO, Ralph Lauren, Valentino, BALMAIN, Dolce & Gabbana, and Prabal Gurung. During the course of her career, she has also appeared in several magazine covers and editorials for the likes of Grazia China, Harper’s Bazaar Malaysia, CR Fashion Book Online, and Vogue Japan. Hikari Mori has also branched out as an actress and has appeared in various shows and movies like Aoi sora shiroi kumo, Tetsuko’s Room, The Final Table, Chûbô desuyo!, Seikou no idenshi 2: Nippon ga sekai ni hokoru 30-nin, and Smap×Smap. Moreover, Hikari Mori has also accumulated a huge fan base on social media and enjoys more than 2 million followers on Instagram.
Model, Actress, TV Host, Designer
- Father – Akira Mori
- Mother – Pamela Mori (Pamela Ann Harris)
- Siblings – Ken Mori (Brother), Ben Mori (Brother), Yuki Mori (Sister), Izumi Mori (Older Sister) (Model, Actress, Tarento)
- Others – Ken Mori (Paternal Grandfather), Hanae Mori (Paternal Grandmother) (Fashion Designer)
Hikari Mori is represented by –
- The Society Management – New York
- Bon Image Corp. – Tokyo
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Hikari Mori has not dated anyone publicly yet and prefers to keep her private life away from the public eye. Hence, it is difficult for us to ascertain anything about her love life and relationship history.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Asian)
Hikari Mori is of American descent on her mother’s side and has Japanese roots on her father’s side.
- Toned body
- Charming personality
- Pierced ears
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
Hikari Mori has done endorsement work for a number of brands such as Michael Kors.
She has either endorsed or promoted a variety of brands through social media which include the likes of Jimmy Choo, Levi’s, HERON PRESTON, Fendi, UGG, Louis Vuitton, Max Mara, Nike, Mociun Home, BVLGARI, Salvatore Ferragamo, Tiffany & Co., Marc Jacobs, Chloe, Calzedonia, ETRO, NARS Cosmetics, AREA, Ralph Lauren, ERDEM, Valentino, BALMAIN, and Tadashi Shoji.
Moreover, Hikari Mori has also served as an ambassador for brands such as Michael Kors and Coach.
Best Known For
- Having walked the ramp for several designers and brands such as Dolce & Gabbana and Prabal Gurung
- Appearing on the covers of various magazines which include the likes of Grazia China, Harper’s Bazaar Malaysia, and Vogue Japan
- Having been featured in magazines and editorials like CR Fashion Book Online and Vogue Japan
- Having garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram where she has uploaded a large number of pictures and videos to give her fans a sneak-peek into her lifestyle
First Fashion Show
Hikari Mori made her fashion show debut by walking the ramp at the Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda/Alta Sartoria April 2017 Show Tokyo.
Hikari Mori made her first theatrical film appearance in the drama film, Aoi sora shiroi kumo, in 2012. Directed by Shûsuke Kaneko, the other cast members of the film included the likes of Mikio Ohsawa, Hiroyuki Watanabe, Yôko Hatanaka, Yui Murata, Norman England, Manami Hashimoto, Junki Tozuka, and several others.
First TV Show
Hikari Mori made her first TV show appearance as Herself in an episode of the musical comedy game-show series, Smap×Smap, in September 2014.
Hikari Mori has maintained a toned physique by working out on a regular basis. She has also often shared her workout pictures with her fans on social media.
Hikari Mori Facts
- She grew up in Tokyo, Japan alongside her sister Izumi Mori, whose career has also flourished as a model and TV personality, and other siblings.
- If one uses the Japanese characters, her name ‘Hikari’ becomes ‘Hoshi’ and that translates into a star.
- Hikari Mori can play the ukulele.
- She is often described as the “Alexa Chung of Japan”.
- As Hikari Mori attended the Met Gala for the very first time in 2018, she became the first Japanese native to attend one of the most prestigious events of the entertainment industry.
- In 2015, she was cast as ‘Herself’ in the documentary TV movie, Seikou no idenshi 2: Nippon ga sekai ni hokoru 30-nin, in which she was a part of the lead cast alongside the likes of Robert Campbell, Terumoto Gotô, Hikaru Ijûin, Takeshi Kitano, Keiichirô Koyama, and Nana Suzuki.
- She has also appeared in a couple of other shows such as Chûbô desuyo!, The Final Table, and Tetsuko’s Room.
- Hikari Mori’s grandmother, Hanae Mori, has been one of the few female Japanese designers to have presented her collections on the runways of Paris and New York. She also became the first woman of Asian origins to be admitted as an official haute couture design house by the fédération française de la couture in France.
Featured Image by Hikari Mori / Instagram