Norman, Oklahoma, USA
In 1982, Hoda completed her graduation from Fort Hunt High School. Further on, she went to Virginia Tech to pursue Bachelor of Arts Degree in Broadcast Journalism.
- Father – K. Kotb
- Mother – Sameha Kotb (Employee at Library of Congress)
- Siblings – Adel (Brother), Hala (Sister)
Creative Artists Agency
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 159 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Hoda has dated –
- Burzis Kanga (2005-2007) – Hoda and Burzis Kanga started dating in 2005. Kanga, a former tennis coach at the University of New Orleans and Kotb, a TV journo dated for a very brief time and decided to get married the very same year. Their alliance went on for two years after which the couple got divorced in 2007.
- Joel Schiffman (June 2013-Present) – The famous TV personality shared about her being in a relationship with Joel Schiffman, a New York based financier. The duo started dating in June 2013. Together, they adopted a baby girl in February 2017 and named her Haley Joy Kotb.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Egyptian American ancestry.
- Strong Built
- Toned Arms
38-30-38 in or 96.5-76-96.5 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU) or 14 (UK)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU)
Hoda has been seen in many PSAs from The More You Know and American Cancer Society.
Best Known For
Co-Hosting Today Show at NBC.
She has not appeared in any theatrical film until now.
First TV Show
In 1986, Hoda served as a news assistant for CBS News in Cairo, Egypt.
Hoda’s personal trainer Chris Finn shared in an interview that the secret behind her toned body is her regular workout regime. Kotb’s workout is a combination of lunges, weight training, bicep curls and step ups, thereby placing a major focus on body toning and maintaining healthy standards of living.
The combination designed by Finn ensures that Hoda gets well worked out abs, legs, and waistline. Being an early riser, she starts her day with exercises. Apart from gym-based workouts, she prefers running.
Hoda has been a cancer survivor, hence opting for a healthy lifestyle and fulfilling diet plan has been even more important for her. The celeb follows a Mediterranean cuisine based diet plan, placing extra emphasis on revving up metabolism, ensuring strong healthy bones, reducing belly fat and enhancing energy levels.
Her diet structure is designed in a pattern wherein butter has been replaced with olive oil. Further, proteins and veggies are consumed more than red meat options.
Hoda Kotb’s Favorite Things
- Food – Dairy-free Ben and Jerry’s flavors
- Footwear – Vans toddler shoes
- Makeup – Confidence in Your Glow bronzer, Burt’s Bees lip gloss
- Accessory – Pink triple-ball pierced earrings by Jennifer Miller and Kenneth Jay Lane
- Personality – Mary Tyler Moore
- Movie – Hidden Figures
- TV Show – This is Us, Nashville
- Book – Without Warning: A J.B. Collins Novel, Class Mom: A Novel” by Laurie Gelman, The Invisible Partners: How the Male and Female in Each of Us Affects Our Relationships” by John Sandford, Hallelujah Anyway: Rediscovering Mercy by Anne Lamott, Hello Family, I’m Home
Hoda Kotb Facts
- Kotb was diagnosed with breast cancer for which she underwent the mastectomy in March 2007. Her complete journey of undergoing surgery and coming out victorious was captured and documented by “Today Show”. Post the whole life-transforming journey, she became an active speaker for Breast Cancer awareness.
- As a part of the Today Show, the celebrity Journo even received Daytime Emmy Award in 2010.
- In 2010, Kotb even released her first book – “Hoda: How I Survived War Zones, Bad Hair, Cancer, and Kathie Lee” which became New York’s Best Seller.
- In 2013 Hoda released her second book – “Ten Years Later: Six People Who Faced Adversity and Transformed Their Lives” wherein she talked about six people who had life-changing experiences and 10 years post the same, how they are winning in their life each day.
- In 2016, Kotb released her third book, which was again based on inspiring and encouraging people all across the globe, the same was named as – “Where They Belong: The Best Decisions People Almost Never Made”.
- Follow her on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Virginia Tech University Relations / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0