|Hollie Steel Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 1, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Hollie Steel is a British singer who came to the limelight after becoming one of the 10 finalists on the 3rd series of the reality TV show Britain’s Got Talent in 2009, at the age of 10. In the summer of the same year, she toured several places in the United Kingdom and Ireland, performing live with the series’ other finalists, thereby gaining further recognition. She has released numerous albums including Hollie (2010) and Children on the Titanic (2012), dropped a number of music videos like Patched & Sewn (2016), and has released many non-album singles such as Fly (2012) that had been popular on YouTube.
Burnley, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
She went to the KLF Dance Academy in Burnley. She trained at Oakhill College in Lancashire and graduated in 2017 with a Diploma in Musical Theatre.
- Father – Jason Steel (National Health Service Audiologist)
- Mother – Nina Steel (National Health Service Audiologist)
- Siblings – Joshua Steel (Older Brother)
Musical Theatre, Pop
BB5 Records Limited
5 ft or 152.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of British descent.
- Large, expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
- Moles above her lips and on her left cheek
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Max Factor.
Hollie Steel Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Gymnastics, Theatre, Dancing
Source – GoSocial.co
Hollie Steel Facts
- She has been singing since she was 4 years old when she had shown an interest in her brother’s performances.
- Hollie has revealed that she had been bullied for a long time in school. She has stated that she would get taunted for her singing and because she was small and her classmates would tell her that she was completely out of tune. She has affirmed that the bullying had not brought down her spirits and that it had only motivated her more to do her best and prove them wrong.
- Prior to Britain’s Got Talent, Hollie had performed in several Broadway musicals such as Annie.
- Her parents have stated that she was entered in Britain’s Got Talent as they had thought she may feel left out as they had taken for granted that her brother would have progressed when ultimately the opposite had happened.
- In her semi-finals in Britain’s Got Talent, she had sung Edelweiss, but she had broken down halfway through the song after forgetting the lyrics. She was later given permission by Simon Cowell to sing again at the end of the show. This resulted in the other acts have their performances squashed into a shorter time frame, and the ten o’clock news to be deferred that evening. Hollie was the first contestant ever to be allowed to restart their performance in the semi-finals for which she has remained grateful and thankful to Simon, for having let her do so. She has stated that her entire experience on BGT made her stronger and showed her that if we fall, we just have to pick ourselves back up again.
Featured Image by Hollie Steel / Instagram