|Ish Sodhi Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 31, 1992|
Ish Sodhi is a professional New Zealand cricketer who plays to the New Zealand national team and the Northern Districts cricket team. He is prominently known for his bowling and is amongst one of the T20I bowlers. Ish has more than 50k followers on Twitter, more than 250k followers on Facebook, and more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Inderbir Singh Sodhi
Ludhiana, Punjab, India
Indian, New Zealander
Ish studied at Papatoetoe High School in Auckland City.
- Father – Rajbir Singh Sodhi
- Mother – Simrat Sodhi
- Siblings – Sirat Sodhi (Younger Sister)
- Others – Gurdeep Kaur Sodhi (Paternal Grandmother)
Ish is represented by Shane of Xceed Management.
6 ft or 183 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ish has dated –
- Angelina Van Roosemalen – Ish married his long-time girlfriend Angelina Van Roosemalen on September 23, 2019. Their wedding took place in a Hindu tradition.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Punjabi heritage.
- Sports a boxed shaped beard
- His canine teeth stick out slightly from the rest of the teeth.
Ish Sodhi Favorite Things
- Cricketers – Anil Kumble, Daniel Vettori
Source – Times Of India
Ish Sodhi Facts
- He spent the first 4 years of his life in Ludhiana, Punjab before moving to South Auckland, New Zealand with his family.
- He was raised in South Auckland. Sodhi had already been playing cricket by the time he was 12 years old.
- Prior to having started his cricket career, Ish worked as New World Papatoetoe where he would push and assemble trollies. He worked there for 2 years and at a point even accepted his job.
- At a point in his life, Ish had lost his self-confidence and started doubting himself.
- Ish played his first match for the Northern Districts in the “2012–13 Plunket Shield” season.
- Growing up, his heroes were Australian cricketer Shane Warne, Daniel Vettori, and American Basketballer LeBron James.
- In 2017, he played for the Adelaide Strikers as a replacement for Chris Jordan.
- During a match that was held on January 18, 2017, he managed to win the game for the Adelaide Strikers with the bowling of figure 6/11 off 3.3 overs. Hence, he was titled “Man Of The Match”.
- Ish and his wife Angelina bought their first home in February 2019.
- He has a cat named Boris and loves it a lot.
- Sodhi played his debut International match for New Zealand’s national team against Bangladesh during the 2013 tour of Bangladesh.
- In July 2014, Ish played his first Twenty20 International debut against the West Indies.
- He became the first number-ten batsman in New Zealand to score 63 runs in Test cricket in November 2014.
- On August 2, 2015, he played his first One Day International debut for New Zealand against Zimbabwe.
- He signed a new contract amongst 20 other players in May 2018 that was given to them for the 2018–19 season by New Zealand Cricket.
- Sodhi was selected for the “2019 Cricket World Cup” series in April 2019.
- Ish claims to be a part-time rapper.
- Sodhi is an absolute food enthusiast and relishes in particular fatty meals.
Featured Image By Ish Sodhi / Instagram