Ivana Baquero Macías
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Ivana Baquero went to The American School of Barcelona for her high school studies and graduated in 2012.
After that, she got admission in a law graduation course at an unspecified university.
- Father – Ivan Baquero
- Mother – Julia Macías
Ivana Baquero is represented by –
- Eduardo González Valdivia
- Think Tank Management.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Gorgeous Latin looks
33-23-34 in or 84-58.5-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Ofelia in the dark fantasy movie, Pan’s Labyrinth in 2006.
- Being cast as Eretria in the fantasy drama series, The Shannara Chronicles.
In 2004, Ivana made her film debut in the supporting role of Ana in the horror movie, Romasanta.
First TV Show
In October 2006, Ivana was seen on the TV show Corazón de… as herself.
To prepare for her role in The Shannara Chronicles, she worked with a personal trainer for almost every single day. The training not only helped her get in peak shape for her role but assisted her in giving more during action sequences as well.
There were other physical activities such as weapon training including sword fighting and stunt training that assisted in developing an extra bit of fitness.
Plus, she was trained in horseback riding.
Ivana Baquero Favorite Things
- Thing – Baby shoes
- Comedian – Amy Schumer
Ivana Baquero Facts
- While shooting for one of the scenes in The Shannara Chronicles, she tore off her groin muscle.
- For the first audition for Pan’s Labyrinth (2006), she was sent wrong lines to memorize. The eleven-year-old Ivana was given 20 minutes to memorize new lines and she still managed to bring the audience to tears.
- While growing up, her parents treated her acting work as an extracurricular activity. And, she was allowed to continue with acting as long as she got good grades in her studies.
- She had gone to Los Angeles for a single afternoon for the chemistry test for The Shannara Chronicles. However, just before she was about to board a flight back to Spain, she got a call about her selection.
- To develop better chemistry with the rest of The Shannara Chronicles cast, she stayed with them in the same hotel.
- She managed to overcome competition from more than 1,000 other contestants to bag her role in Pan’s Labyrinth. Also, the role was rewritten in the script to suit her better.
- In 2007, she managed to find a place in the “50 Most Beautiful People” list compiled by the Spanish edition of People magazine.
- In 2007, she created a history by becoming the first 12-year-old actress to win Goya Award in the “Best New Actress” category.
- In 2009, she was placed on the #40 in the list of “Top 50 Hottest Young Actresses” by the MovieFanatic.com.
- She is multilingual and is fluent in Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Visit her official website @ ivanabaquero.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.