|Ivana Baquero Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||June 11, 1994|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Ivana Baquero is a Spanish actress who gained immense critical acclaim with her performance as Ofelia/Princess Moanna in the 2006 dark fantasy horror film Pan’s Labyrinth. She has also been cast in a variety of other films such as The Anarchist’s Wife, Romasanta, Fragile, Rottweiler, The New Daughter, Another Me, The Misfits Club, Feedback, Sister of Mine, Gelo, Black Friday!, and Maria i Assou. Moreover, Ivana Baquero has also been a part of television shows like The Shannara Chronicles and High Seas (Spanish: Alta Mar).
Ivana Baquero Macías
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Ivana Baquero went to The American School of Barcelona for her high school studies and graduated in 2012.
After that, she got admission to a law graduation course at an unspecified university.
- Father – Ivan Baquero
- Mother – Julia Macías
Ivana Baquero has been represented by –
- Eduardo González Valdivia, Talent Agency, Madrid, Spain
- Think Tank Management, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
Her net worth has been $500 Thousand according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Ivana Baquero is of Spanish descent.
Gorgeous Latin looks
33-23-34 in or 84-58.5-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Ofelia in the dark fantasy movie, Pan’s Labyrinth in 2006
- Being cast as Eretria in the fantasy drama series, The Shannara Chronicles
In 2004, Ivana made her film debut in the supporting role of Ana in the horror movie, Romasanta.
First TV Show
In October 2006, Ivana was seen on the TV show Corazón de… as herself.
To prepare for her role in The Shannara Chronicles, she worked with a personal trainer almost every single day. The training not only helped her get in peak shape for her role but assisted her in giving more during action sequences as well.
There were other physical activities such as weapon training including sword fighting and stunt training that assisted in developing an extra bit of fitness.
Plus, she was trained in horseback riding.
Ivana Baquero Favorite Things
- Thing – Baby shoes
- Comedian – Amy Schumer
Source – Twitter, Latina.com
Ivana Baquero Facts
- While shooting for one of the scenes in The Shannara Chronicles, she tore off her groin muscle.
- For the first audition for Pan’s Labyrinth (2006), she was sent the wrong lines to memorize. The eleven-year-old Ivana was given 20 minutes to memorize new lines and she still managed to bring the audience to tears.
- While growing up, her parents treated her acting work as an extracurricular activity. And, she was allowed to continue acting as long as she got good grades in her studies.
- She had gone to Los Angeles for a single afternoon for the chemistry test for The Shannara Chronicles. However, just before she was about to board a flight back to Spain, she got a call about her selection.
- To develop better chemistry with the rest of The Shannara Chronicles cast, she stayed with them in the same hotel.
- She managed to overcome competition from more than 1,000 other contestants to bag her role in Pan’s Labyrinth. Also, the role was rewritten in the script to suit her better.
- For her role in Pan’s Labyrinth, she won various accolades including the Goya Award for “Best New Actress”, Imagen Award for “Best Actress – Film”, Premio ACE for “Best New Actress”, Saturn Award for “Best Performance by a Younger Actor”, and Turia Award for “Best New Actress”. Moreover, she was also nominated for Young Artist Award for “Best Performance in an International Feature Film – Leading Young Actor or Actress”, Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for “Best Young Performer”, Butaca Award for “Best Catalan Film Actress (Millor actriu catalana de cinema)”, Chicago Film Critics Association Award for “Most Promising Performer”, and Cinema Writers Circle Award for “Best New Artist”.
- In 2007, she managed to find a place in the “50 Most Beautiful People” list compiled by the Spanish edition of People magazine.
- In 2007, she created history by becoming the first 12-year-old actress to win Goya Award in the “Best New Actress” category.
- In 2009, she was placed #40 in the list of “Top 50 Hottest Young Actresses” by MovieFanatic.com.
- She is multilingual and is fluent in Catalan, Spanish, and English.
- From 2019 to 2020, she played the role of Eva Villanueva (a headstrong, curious young author who becomes wrapped up in mysteries aboard the ship as she faces writer’s block) in the period crime drama mystery series High Seas (Spanish: Alta Mar). Her co-stars for the project included Alejandra Onieva, Jon Kortajarena, Eloy Azorín, Chiqui Fernández, Tamar Novas, Daniel Lundh, Natalia Rodríguez, Laura Prats, and others.
- She co-starred as Marnie in the 2021 horror comedy film Black Friday.