|Jade Hassouné Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 18, 1991|
|Girlfriend / Boyfriend||None|
Jade Hassouné is a Canadian actor, dancer, producer, voiceover artist, singer, and professional cartoonist who is recognized for playing the role of Meliorn in the American supernatural drama TV series, Shadowhunters, as well as for having been cast as Prince Ahmed Al Saeed in the family drama show, Heartland. He comes from a family of artists but is the first one to make it to the entertainment industry, a dream he had since his childhood years. Jade Hassouné first acted for an audience when he was 10 years old and has not looked back since that day. He has also been cast in a variety of roles in several shows and movies such as Laurentia, Her Night, Erased, Brick Mansions, Les méduses, After the Ball, Orphan Black, That’s My DJ, Barbelle, The 410, and One in Two People. Furthermore, he has also branched out as a singer, releasing his first track in 2019, as well as a dancer, by appearing on the TV show titled Canada’s Got Talent. Jade Hassouné has also garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram, more than 150k followers on Twitter, and more than 20k followers on Facebook.
Jade Hassouné studied at John Abbott College which is an English-language public college located in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, Quebec, Canada and graduated in the Professional Theater program. He also attended the Canadian Film Centre‘s Actor Conservatory.
Actor, Dancer, Producer, Singer, Professional Cartoonist, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Rima Hassouné (Piano Player)
- Siblings – Aboudi Hassouné (Brother) (Architect, Designer, President of ABNORM Studio Inc.)
Jade Hassouné is represented by Amira De Vera, Project Four PR, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Vocals, Piano, Saxophone, Guitar
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Jade Hassouné has not dated anyone publicly yet and prefers to keep his private life away from the public eye. Therefore, it is difficult for us to ascertain anything about his love life and relationship history.
Race / Ethnicity
Jade Hassouné often dyes his hair in shades such as ‘blue’.
Jade Hassouné identifies himself as a queer.
- Pierced Ears
- Lean physique
Jade Hassouné has either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands through social media which include the likes of La Jet Society, MARKANTOINE, The Kooples Paris, and Paisley & Gray.
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Meliorn in the American supernatural drama TV series, Shadowhunters (2016-2019), which stars the likes of Katherine McNamara, Dominic Sherwood, Alberto Rosende, Matthew Daddario, Emeraude Toubia, Isaiah Mustafa, Harry Shum Jr., Alisha Wainwright. It is a popular show that has won a GLAAD Award, 4 Teen Choice Awards, and 2 People’s Choice Awards.
- Playing the role of Prince Ahmed Al Saeed in the family drama show, Heartland (2013-2014)
As a Singer
Jade Hassouné released his first single, titled Insta Story, on June 9, 2019. It has garnered more than 15k streams on Spotify.
Jade Hassouné made his first feature film appearance as Jay Kashyap in the drama film, Laurentia, in 2011. The film was premiered at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival and he was cast alongside the likes of Emmanuel Schwartz, Julie Royer, Karl Farah, Eugénie Beaudry, and Benoit Lapierre.
In 2012, Jade Hassouné made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Abdi in the Canadian-Belgian drama action thriller film, Erased. Directed by Philipp Stölzl, the film starred Aaron Eckhart, Olga Kurylenko, and Liana Liberato.
First TV Show
Jade Hassouné made his first TV show appearance by playing the role of Prince Ahmed Al Saeed in an episode, titled Picking Up the Pieces, of the family drama show, Heartland, in October 2013. The show stars the likes of Amber Marshall, Graham Wardle, Michelle Morgan, Shaun Johnston, Alisha Newton, and Jessica Steen.
First Web Show
Jade Hassouné made his first web show appearance as Sam in an episode, titled Meagan, of the musical romantic drama series, That’s My DJ, in June 2016. He stars on the show alongside Emily Piggford, Kelly McCormack, and Jacob Neayem.
Jade Hassouné has maintained a lean physique by working out as often as possible and by leading an active life.
Jade Hassouné Favorite Things
- Quote – “Dreams are the seedlings of realities.”
- Travel Destination – Los Angeles, California, United States
- Food – Pasta
- One Of His Favorite TV Shows – Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Drink – Pineapple juice
- Movie – The Little Mermaid
- Actor – Johnny Depp
- Actress – Sarah Michelle Gellar
- Books – Fingerprints of the Gods
- Song – Blue Jeans by Lana Del Rey
Source – NaludaMagazine.com
Jade Hassouné Facts
- After having been born in Lebanon, Jade Hassouné spent his childhood years in Switzerland, before his family moved to Montreal, Canada.
- He started taking piano lessons at the age of 6.
- His passion to pursue a career in acting sparked when he was around 10 years old. That was also the time when he performed for the first time in front of an audience.
- During his high school years, Jade Hassouné took great interest in playing saxophone and later started playing the electric guitar.
- He started playing acoustic guitar during his days at the theatre school.
- Since the year 2012, Jade Hassouné has been a member of the Canadian Film Center.
- As a dancer, he has been a member of the dance group named “Enigma Dance Productions” which has also participated in the TV reality talent show, Canada’s Got Talent, on which they competed in the quarterfinals.
- As a producer, Jade Hassouné has worked on the music drama TV show, That’s My DJ.
- As a voiceover artist, he has been a part of a couple of video games such as Far Cry Primal and Starlink: Battle for Atlas.
- Jade Hassouné has also been one of the 3 finalists for the Cogeco Fund Audience Choice Award.
- He takes an interest in fashion, music, and graphic design (comics and computer graphics).
- The thing that he likes the best about acting is how it allows a person to leave all his personal troubles and issues behind as soon as they start enacting a character.
- Jade Hassouné shares a close friendship with producer DLN.
- He is a staunch supporter of the LGBTQ community.
- He is well-versed in both English and French.
- During his leisure time, Jade Hassouné enjoys dancing, playing piano, drawing, meditating, creating graphic novels and comics, singing, and reading.
- He has a pet Maine Coon.
- Visit his official website @ jadehassoune.com.
- Follow Jade Hassouné on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Spotify, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Jade Hassouné / Instagram