|Jamal Adams Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 17, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jamal Adams is an American football safety who was drafted as the 6th overall by the New York Jets in the 2017 NFL Draft. He then went on to play for the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League (NFL).
Jamal Lee Adams
Lewisville, Texas, United States
Jamal studied at Hebron High School and played football during that time.
After that, he committed to Louisiana State University (LSU) to play college football.
Professional Football Player
- Father – George Wallace Adams (Former professional American football running back who played in the NFL)
- Mother – Michelle
- Others – George Adams (Paternal Grandfather), Ruth Elliot (Paternal Grandmother)
6 ft or 183 cm
97 kg or 214 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
Sports a beard
Jamal Adams Facts
- He had 138 tackles and seven interceptions on defense and 20 touchdowns on offense during his final two years of high school. He went on to finish 8–4 in his senior season and advanced to the UIL 5A Division II Area final at AT&T Stadium, where his side lost 42–21 to Cedar Hill. Also, he was rated as a five-star recruit by Scout.com and was among the top 10 recruits in his class.
- During his college career as a footballer, Jamal Adams played in all 13 games with two starts and had 66 tackles and a sack as a true freshman at LSU in 2014.
- He became a second-team All-Southeastern Conference selection as a safety by the Associated Press (AP) and SEC coaches as a sophomore.
- He announced on January 6, 2017, that he would forgo his senior season and enter the 2017 NFL Draft. He was considered to be a first-round pick by the majority of analysts and scouts and Sports Illustrated, DraftScout.com, Pro Football Focus, and ESPN ranked him the top safety in the 2017 NFL draft.
- Jamal Adams was picked by the New York Jets in the first round with the sixth overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. On July 20, 2017, he signed a contract with the team with a fully guaranteed four-year, $22.25 million contract that included a $14.32 million signing bonus.
- In 2017, he made his professional regular season debut and first career start in the New York Jets season-opener against the Buffalo Bills and went on to record five combined tackles and deflected a pass in a 21–12 loss.
- He concluded his rookie season in 2017 with 83 combined tackles (63 solo), six pass deflections, and two sacks in 16 games and 16 starts.
- Jamal was announced as a captain on the New York Jets roster for the 2018 season.
- He was named a Pro Bowl selection for the first time in his career on December 18, 2018.
- He was named Curtis Martin Team MVP on December 28, 2018.
- Prior to the 2019 season, Jamal Adams was ranked 37th among his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 2019 list.
- After he made a hit on Baker Mayfield on Monday Night Football against the Cleveland Browns in Week 3, he was fined $21,000 on September 18, 2019.
- His fellow players ranked him 27th on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2020 list.
- Along with a fourth-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the New York Jets traded Jamal to the Seattle Seahawks on July 25, 2020, in exchange for safety Bradley McDougald, first and third-round picks in the 2021 NFL Draft, and a first-round selection in the 2022 NFL Draft.
- He signed a four-year extension with the Seattle Seahawks on August 17, 2021, and the deal consisted of a top value of $72 million, with a $20 million signing bonus and $38 million guaranteed. With this, he became the highest-paid safety in NFL history at the time.
- Jamal Adams has practiced pescatarianism.
Featured Image by All-Pro Reels / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0 DEED