|James DeMonaco Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Year of Birth||1969|
|Hair Color||Salt & Pepper|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
James DeMonaco is an American screenwriter, director, and producer who is best known for creating the Purge franchise. He has written all the 4 films in the series while he has also directed the first 3 of them which are titled The Purge (2013), The Purge: Anarchy (2014), and The Purge: Election Year (2016). He has worked as a writer for a multitude of projects such as Little New York, Crash, Skinwalkers, Hate, The Kill Point, Assault on Precinct 13, The Negotiator, and Jack. James DeMonaco has also worked on a number of projects with actor, writer, and director, Ethan Hawke.
James DeMonaco was born in 1969.
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Film Director, Screenwriter, Producer
James DeMonaco is represented by United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Wears glasses
- Often wears a cap
Best Known For
Having created the Purge franchise. He has served as the writer for all the 4 films in the series and has worked as the director as well for the first 3 which are titled The Purge (2013), The Purge: Anarchy (2014), and The Purge: Election Year (2016).
James DeMonaco made his first theatrical film appearance in the horror thriller movie, The Purge, in 2013. The film starred the likes of Ethan Hawke, Lena Headey, Adelaide Kane, and Max Burkholder and was written and directed by James DeMonaco himself.
First TV Show
James DeMonaco made his first TV show appearance as himself in an episode, titled Assault on Precinct 13: Caught in the Crosshairs, of the documentary series, HBO First Look, in January 2005.
James DeMonaco Facts
- Apart from the Purge franchise, James DeMonaco has worked as a writer on a variety of projects such as The Negotiator, Assault on Precinct 13, Skinwalkers, The Kill Point, Little New York, Crash, and Once Upon a Time in Staten Island.
- He has served as the producer for a couple of projects which include Crash, The Kill Point, Ryan Caulfield: Year One, Hate, and Assault on Precinct 13.
- As a director, James DeMonaco has worked on a number of projects like Once Upon a Time in Staten Island, The Purge: Election Year, The Purge: Anarchy, The Purge, and Little New York.
- He wrote 3 episodes, Alone Again Or…, Lovers in Captivity, and Always See Your Face, of the drama series, Crash.
- In the drama movie Once Upon a Time in Staten Island, James DeMonaco worked with artists like Naomi Watts, Frank Grillo, Bobby Cannavale, Method Man, and Jonah Hauer-King.
- He worked with the likes of Ethan Hawke, Vincent D’Onofrio, and Seymour Cassel in the crime drama film, Staten Island (2009).
- James DeMonaco is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Frikifilo / Instagram