|James Duval Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 10, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
James Duval is an American actor, musician, producer, and voiceover artist. He is best known for having been cast in Gregg Araki trilogy – as Andy in Totally F***ed Up, as Jordan White in The Doom Generation, and as Dark Smith in Nowhere. Moreover, James Duval has also played roles like Frank Anderson in Donnie Darko, Chris in Amerikana, Jaime in A River Made to Drown In, Westy in How to Make the Cruelest Month, Freb in Gone in 60 Seconds, Hunter Kirk in The Doe Boy, Miguel Casse in Independence Day, Baz in Comic Book Villains, Rick in The Black Waters of Echo’s Pond, Blank in May, Singh in Go, Stewart Miles in American Romance, and John The Mod in Punk’s Dead.
James Edward Duval
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
James Duval studied at Gladstone High School in Covina, California from 1986 to 1989. He also got enrolled at Mira Costa High School in Manhattan Beach as well as attended Fairvalley High School in Covina.
He has taken piano lessons.
Actor, Musician, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Sibling – Terry Duval (Sister)
James Duval has been repped by Bender-Spink, Inc., Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Asian)
James Duval is of French, Irish, and Native American descent on his father’s side and has French-Vietnamese roots on his mother’s side.
Has been frequently cast in Gregg Araki movies
James Duval Facts
- He moved to Los Angeles, California in 1974.
- Growing up, he received training as a classical pianist and eventually moved to the guitar.
- Alongside Jake Gyllenhaal, Jena Malone, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Drew Barrymore, Patrick Swayze, and others, James Duval co-starred as Frank Anderson, Elizabeth’s boyfriend, in the 2001 science fiction psychological thriller film, Donnie Darko.
- He starred as Hunter Kirk, a young man of mixed heritage who is also a hemophiliac, in the 2001 independent drama film, The Doe Boy, which is set in 1984 in the heart of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma. For this performance, Duval was honored as “Best Actor” at the American Indian Film Festival.
- He has performed with the named Gene Wilder.
- He appeared as Blank, a punk boy, in the psychological horror film, May, in 2002.
- James Duval practices “Hatha Yoga” and has also taught Yoga at Earth’s Power Yoga studio, Los Angeles, California in between films.
- In September 2018, he provided vocals to Studio Grip in an episode titled The Dog Days Are Over of the adult animated tragicomedy sitcom, BoJack Horseman.
Featured Image by Tica Productions / Flickr / CC BY 2.0