James Edward Harden, Jr
Los Angeles, California, United States
James went to Artesia High School in Lakewood, California.
Later, he attended Arizona State University in Phoenix, Arizona.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – James Harden Sr.
- Mother – Monja Willis
- Siblings – Arnique Jelks (Sister), Akili Roberson (Brother)
He plays for Houston Rockets, whose general manager is Daryl Morey.
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
100 kg or 220½ pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
James Harden dated –
- Trina (2011-2012) – From January 2011 to October 2012, James dated rapper Trina. There is a huge height difference between the two – 1 ft 3 in – James being taller.
- Tahiry Jose (2013-2014) – Harden, then started dating the Dominican glamour model, Tahiry Jose in August 2013. The relationship went until March 2014.
- Sarah Bellew (2014) – For about 4 months, from May 2014 to September 2014, Vietnamese radio personality, Sarah Bellew and James Harden were an item.
- Maliah Michel (2014) – He had a fling with 5 years his senior, American glamour model, Maliah Michel in November 2014.
- Amber Rose (2015) – In the first quarter of 2015, from January to March 2015, hip-hop model and artist, Amber Rose and James dated each other. She is the ex-wife of rapper and singer, Wiz Khalifa.
- Khloé Kardashian (2015-2016) – In June 2015, he started dating reality television star, Khloé Kardashian. They dated until October 2015 and put their relationship on hold after Khloe called off her divorce from Lamar Odom. They again started dating in November 2015 when they were spotted going to a nightclub. They finally split in February 2016.
- Nelly Wit Da Jelly (2015) – In September 2015, he was RUMORed to have had a fling with the stripper, Nelly Wit Da Jelly. The internet got flooded with the news about James being cheating on Khloe.
- Ashanti (2016-2017) – In July 2016, James’s name was first connected with singer Ashanti when they were seen getting cozy during the 4th of July party. They remained an item for less than a year and called it quits in early 2017.
- Karrueche Tran (2016) – In October 2016, model and actress Karrueche Tran was seen cheering Jarden during his match against Los Angeles Lakers. Later, they were seen partying together in a nightclub which sparked dating RUMORs.
- Brittany Renner (2018) – James reportedly dated model Brittany Renner from June to October 2018.
- Jordyn Woods (2019) – The model Jordyn Woods and NBA star were spotted at a crowded bar in Houston which flamed the rumors of both seeing each other. But a close source of James cleared the air saying that it was just a coincidence that they both were there. However, the Kardashian family thinks otherwise.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Longbeard, which he is growing since 2009.
On August 3, 2015, he endorsed Adidas for 13 years for $200 million.
He has appeared in a Foot Locker commercial.
Best Known For
His offensive playing style on the court of basketball.
He is also known for his trademark beard.
Strong offensive player. He is counted among the versatile and dangerous scorers in the professional basketball.
He is known for his 2 moves –
- Euro step
- Step-back jumper
In 2012, he appeared in a short (16 minutes long) documentary film Spreading Our Wings as himself.
First TV Show
In 2010, he had his first television appearance in the sports talk-show Rome Is Burning as himself in an episode dated March 4, 2010.
As an actor, he first appeared in the reality TV show Ball Up as a coach.
Check out James Harden’s upper body workout in the following video –
This is how he exercises or works out. But, diet plays an important role too, without which he won’t be able to focus on his game – basketball. He eats lots of fresh fruits. Harden’s fridge remains full of fruits like orange, banana, apple, strawberry, etc. and vegetables such as kale, etc. He sometimes makes smoothies.
For breakfast, his choice is pretty simple. Eggs, bacon, turkey, yogurt, potato toast, etc. He keeps easy to make things with him in the fridge.
After a workout, he re-energizes by drinking strawberry-banana flavored BodyArmor.
He also likes to have cheat days on which he generally eats sweet foods such as brownies, ice cream, cookies, sundaes, etc.
James Harden Favorite Things
- Food – Chicken Pasta
- Fish – Seabass, halibut
- BODYARMOR Flavor – Strawberry Banana, Fruit punch
James Harden Facts
- James was a part of the team which won World Cup 2014.
- His United States national team of basketball won the gold medal at the 2012 Olympics.
- James’s trademark beard has been pictured on several t-shirts and has got a mention in various songs.
- For the 2014-2015 season, James was named as the inaugural National Basketball Players Association’s MVP.
- From 2009 to 2012, he played with the Oklahoma City Thunder. He was on the same team as superstar Kevin Durant.
- His beard now has its own Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- In 2012, he was titled NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year.
- He holds a stake in the super drink for hydration, BODYARMOR.
- As he has a large beard, about 5% of what he drinks gets stuck in his beard.
- Here, you can check out James Harden’s 10 essential things.
- Visit his official basketball profile at NBA.
- Connect with James on Twitter and Instagram.