|Jamie Theakston Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||December 21, 1970|
Jamie Theakston is an English television presenter, producer, and actor who has been a part of projects such as Comic Relief, Behind the Music, Wish You Were Here, The O-Zone, Live & Kicking, Top of the Pops, Blankety Blank, Confessions, It’s Only TV…but I Like It, Total Eclipse, Children in Need, A Question of Pop, Bob Martin, Holiday, Stars of Tomorrow, Secret Life of Stars, Before They Were Famous, Murder in Mind, The Games, Traffic Cops, Mad About Alice, Little Britain, This Morning Summer, With a Little Help from My Friends, The National Lottery People’s Quiz, Richard Osman’s House of Games, and Motorway Cops.
Jamie Barker Theakston
Cuckfield, Sussex, England, United Kingdom
West London, England, United Kingdom
He studied at the preparatory school of Hurstpierpoint College in West Sussex.
Jamie also got educated at Lancing College and Brighton Hove & Sussex Sixth Form College. He got 9 O-Levels in college and 1 GCSE in Maths.
He completed his graduation with a first-class degree in Business Studies at the North London Polytechnic in the London Borough of Islington.
Radio and Television Presenter, Producer, Actor
- Father – Graham Theakston (Director for BBC)
He has been managed by –
- M&C Saatchi Merlin
- CAM, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
96 kg or 212 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jamie Theakston dated –
- Natalie Appleton (1997-1998) – Jamie Theakston was in a relationship with Canadian singer Natalie Appleton.
- Mariah Carey (1998) – Jamie dated American singer Mariah Carey in 1998 for a short time.
- Melanie Sykes (1998) – Jamie was in a brief relationship with TV personality Melanie Sykes.
- Naima Belkhiati (1999) – Jamie had an encounter with French actress Naima Belkhiati in February 1999.
- Beverley Turner (1999-2000) – TV personalities Theakston and Beverley Turner dated for a few months from March 1999 to January 2000.
- Joely Richardson (2000-2001) – The presenter dated actress Joely Richardson for some time between 2000 and 2001.
- Kelis (2000-2001) – Jamie was in a relationship with American singer Kelis from late 2000 to March 2001.
- Emma Bunton (2002) – Jamie was RUMORed to be dating singer Emma Bunton in July 2002.
- Rosamund Pike (2003) – Theakston and actress Rosamund Pike were in a relationship in 2003.
- Lady Victoria Hervey (2003) – Jamie had a fling with socialite and model Lady Victoria Hervey in January 2003.
- Erin O’Connor (2003-2005) – Jamie started dating model Erin O’Connor in October 2003 and they parted ways in 2005.
- Sophie Siegle (2007-Present) – He married Sophie Siegle on September 15, 2007, in Ditchling and the couple started residing in West London. They have two sons – Sydney (b. April 11, 2008), and Kit (b. September 29, 2009).
Race / Ethnicity
Confidence and Style
Best Known For
- Being a host for the Heart FM breakfast show Top of the Pop with co-host and friend Emma Bunton
- For his excellent narration of the BBC documentary series Traffic Cops and Motorway Cops
First Radio Broadcast
He made his debut on the radio at the age of 23 with GLR’s Saturday Sports Show.
First TV Show
In 1995, Jamie started appearing in the musical talk show The O-Zone as a presenter. He presented 12 episodes until 1998.
Jamie Theakston has undergone a massive change, thanks to his six-month-long fitness regime. The September 2016 issue of Men’s Fitness Magazine is a testimony to his great shape.
Talking about his dietary changes, he said that earlier he started his day with sausage or bacon sandwiches, and tons of coffee, and all of it made him really fat. So, he swapped his unhealthy diet with eggs and porridge for breakfast.
His workout consisted of squats, kettlebell swings, pull-ups, and weight lifting, to name a few.
Jamie Theakston Favorite Things
- Interest – Property and interior design
Source – JamieTheakstonOfficial.co.uk
Jamie Theakston Facts
- At the age of 13, he joined the National Youth Theatre. He worked in the plays like Murder in the Cathedral and Marat / Sade along with Daniel Craig.
- He wanted to make acting a full-time career but his financial condition did not allow him to realize that dream.
- In 1985, he competed for Sussex county as a fencer.
- During his university days, he read out the traffic bulletins on BBC GLR with the aim of getting into sports reporting.
- Before becoming a broadcaster, he also worked for Christie’s.
- He was into reading out football and cricket reports on GLR and Radio 5 Live when he was spotted by BBC’s head of sport and there was no looking back.
- In 2003, he traveled to Uganda to meet the children of former soldiers.
- In 2004, he played the piano and the guitar for Michelle Lawson’s Beautiful Thing music promo.
- In June 2009, he was honored with the Radio Presenter of the Year award at the Arqiva Commercial Radio Awards.
- Theakston has lived in Wings Place, a mansion in Ditchling, East Sussex for 10 years.
- He was the captain of the Ditchling Cricket Club and a member of the first cricket team (from England) to play the Afghan cricket team in Kabul.
- Theakston is a member of MENSA and a supporter of Brighton & Hove Albion.
- Theakston is a CANCERVIVE patron. The charity supports cancer sufferers.
- In June 2014, he played in the 5th successive Soccer Aid match at Old Trafford.