|Jason Cundy Quick Info
|Date of Birth
|November 12, 1969
Jason Cundy is an English former professional football player and radio broadcaster known for playing in the Premier League for Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur as well as for playing in the Football League for Crystal Palace, Bristol City, Ipswich Town, and Portsmouth. After a knee injury forced him to retire as a footballer, he started his stint as a presenter on talkSPORT.
Jason Victor Cundy
London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Jason Cundy studied at Rutlish School, a state comprehensive school for boys located in Merton Park, Greater London, England.
Former Professional Football Player, Radio Broadcaster
- Others – Alan Miller (Ex Father-In-Law) (Art director at the Saatchi advertising agency)
Jason Cundy has been repped by ExtraTimeManagement.
6 ft or 183 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jason Cundy has dated –
- Lizzie Cundy – He first met socialite, television personality, model, radio host, and showbiz reporter Lizzie Cundy in the year 1990. When they met, Lizzie was a budding model and Jason was playing regularly for the English professional football club Chelsea. The duo eventually started dating and then tied the knot in 1994. They welcomed their first child together, a son, in 1996. The next year in February, Jason was diagnosed with testicular cancer and Lizzie helped him get back to health. They were blessed with their 2nd son in 2000. Jason’s cancer resurfaced in 2003 and he underwent life-saving radiotherapy, which made him infertile. After around 3 months, they renewed their wedding vows in a Bollywood-themed ceremony held at the Taj Hotel in London. However, after some years, he met opera singer Hannah Pedley on a train while returning from Cheltenham races in 2010 and they reportedly had an affair, which Lizzie eventually found out about after she saw a suggestive text on his mobile from Hannah. Following the events, she moved out of their family home in October 2010 and he tried to win her back. Initially, she yielded but then found that he was still secretly seeing Hannah. The marriage subsequently ended in divorce in 2012.
- Hannah Pedley – After being romantically involved for some years, he married Hannah Pedley in June 2015. The couple had started their romance while Jasdon was still married to Lizzie Cundy. They have a son together who was reportedly born using the sperm that Jason had frozen when he was first diagnosed with testicular cancer 18 years earlier.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Jason Cundy Facts
- During his career in football, he played for Chelsea (1988–92, 41 league appearances), Tottenham Hotspur (loan in 1992, 1992 – November 96, with 28 games), Crystal Palace (one month-loan, 1995), Bristol City (another 30-day loan, 1996), Ipswich Town (after a loan, November 1996–99) and Portsmouth.
- When Jason went on holiday and was unavailable to do the TalkSport show on October 18, 2008, TalkSport radio DJ Andy Goldstein erroneously reported that Jason had died after falling off a boat and drowning. Goldstein later clarified that the report was meant as a joke but the report resulted in several Chelsea fans putting down flowers outside Stamford Bridge the following day.
- Jason Cundy made a brief appearance on the Christmas program titled Michael Bublé: Home for Christmas making a fool of himself by dropping his trousers and mooning the crowd, presented by Canadian singer Michael Bublé, in 2011.
- He has spoken out in support of the charity Act Against Bullying which aims to help bullied children by providing them with confidential advice and to raise public awareness of the problem.
- Jason Cundy has been a celebrity supporter of the Orchid Cancer Appeal in the United Kingdom.
- He has supported the Cancer Campaign in Suffolk as well as has raised thousands of pounds for cancer charities and awareness of the disease.
Featured Image by Jason Cundy / Instagram