|Jay Hieron Quick Info
|Date of Birth
|July 29, 1976
Jay Hieron is an American actor, stuntman, and former mixed martial artist who has competed in the UFC, WEC, Affliction, Strikeforce, and Bellator and was the final IFL Welterweight Champion, competing for the Los Angeles Anacondas. Additionally, he has also been a part of various shows and movies such as Death on the Border, NCIS: Los Angeles, Bobcat Moretti, The Terminal List, New York Undercover, and Orange Is the New Black.
James Thomas Hieronymus
Jay Hieron, The Thoroughbred
Freeport, Hempstead, Nassau County, New York, United States
Jay Hieron studied at Freeport High School, a public high school located in Freeport, Nassau County, New York. During his time there, he was a two-time state wrestling championship runner-up. He then attended Nassau Community College (NCC), a public community college located in Garden City, New York. There, he emerged as the National Junior College Champion and received an associate degree.
Afterward, he enrolled at Hofstra University (a private university situated in Hempstead, New York). He tested positive for marijuana prior to his senior year at the university and was prevented from wrestling in his senior year.
Actor, Stuntman, Former Mixed Martial Artist
75 in (191 cm)
6 ft or 183 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jay Hieron has dated –
- Jacqueline Petzak – He has been in a relationship with model and social media personality Jacqueline Petzak.
Race / Ethnicity
- Deep-set eyes
- Toned body
Jay Hieron Facts
- His mother struggled with raising her son so he went to live with John and Theo Hieronymous when he was a newborn and the couple subsequently officially adopted Jay when he was eight years old.
- After he was removed from the wrestling team at Hofstra University, Jay Hieron became involved in drug dealing and was eventually charged with a felony.
- He started boxing as it worked as a good stress reliever. After the encouragement of some of his friends who trained in MMA, he combined his wrestling and boxing skills into a professional MMA career.
- He emerged as the winner of the Lockdown in Paradise in Lahaina, Hawaii in March 2006.
- At the IFL Team Championships in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Jay Hieron made his International Fight League (IFL) debut and emerged as the winner in June 2006.
- After the collapse of the International Fight League due to financial concerns, he signed a deal with Affliction in August 2008.
- He later signed with Strikeforce and his debut fight was set to be against fellow former Zuffa competitor Nick Diaz at Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg for the inaugural Strikeforce welterweight title but the plans were changed because Diaz missed a pre-fight drug test mandated by the California State Athletic Commission and was hence denied a license to compete. Susbequehmty, Diaz was replaced by Jesse Taylor and the fight was changed to a non-title bout which Hieron won by unanimous decision.
- On January 30, 2010, he faced Joe Riggs at Strikeforce: Miami and won the fight via unanimous decision.
- On September 1, 2012, he was scheduled to face Jake Ellenberger in a rematch at UFC 151, replacing an injured Josh Koscheck. However, the UFC 151 event was canceled and the fight later took place at UFC on FX 5 on October 5, 2012, and Hieron lost via unanimous decision.
- At UFC 156, he was expected to face Erick Silva on February 2, 2013, but Silva pulled out of the bout citing an injury and was then replaced by Tyron Woodley. Jay Hieron lost the fight KO (punches) in round 1 and was subsequently released from the promotion.
- Jay Hieron announced his retirement from MMA competition on March 7, 2014.
Featured Image by Mike Dunn / Flickr / CC BY 2.0 DEED