|Tyron Woodley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 7, 1982|
Tyron Woodley is an American professional mixed martial artist and broadcast analyst who began competing in the welterweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in 2013. He had become the UFC Welterweight Champion in July 2016 and had retained the title 4 times before eventually losing it to Kamaru Usman in March 2019. As of June 2021, he had won 6 UFC Bonus Awards – ‘Knockout of the Night’ (once), ‘Fight of the Night’ (twice), and ‘Performance of the Night’ (thrice). He had started his professional career in 2009, fighting in independent organizations and the now-defunct American mixed martial arts and kickboxing organization Strikeforce. He holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Tyron Lakent Woodley
The Chosen One
Ferguson, St. Louis County, Missouri, United States
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Tyron had graduated from the McCluer High School in Florissant, Missouri, in 2000. After his high school graduation, he had joined the University of Missouri, a public land-grant research university in Columbia, Missouri, and had joined their Missouri Tigers athletics program as a wrestler. He had graduated from there in 2005 with a major in agricultural economics.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist, Broadcast Analyst
- Father – Sylvester Woodley
- Mother – Deborah Woodley
- Siblings – He has 10 older siblings and 2 younger siblings.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
Tyron Woodley’s net worth had been $4 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tyron has dated –
- Averi Woodley – Through his marriage to his childhood sweetheart and fitness guru Averi, Tyron has 4 children – 3 sons named Dylan Woodley, Tyron Woodley Jr., and Darron Woodley, and a daughter named Gabby Woodley.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a thick beard
- Has his left arm covered in tattoos
He has been sponsored by the sports beverage brand Monster Hydro.
Tyron Woodley Facts
- He was raised solely by his mother after his father had abandoned the family when he was very young.
- In high school, he used to compete in both American football and amateur wrestling. He had won the Missouri 4A Men’s State Championship in 2000, his senior year, in the 160lb weight class.
- At the University of Missouri, he was an NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Division I collegiate wrestler for the Missouri Tigers and was named an All-American twice (2003, 2005). He had also won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2003 Columbia Big 12 Championships.
- In his debut UFC match, in February 2013, he had defeated Jay Hieron via KO (Knock Out) in just 36 seconds of the opening round.
- In parallel with his mixed martial arts career, he has also pursued acting and has worked in Hollywood movies such as Straight Outta Compton (2015), Kickboxer: Vengeance (2016), and Escape Plan 2: Hades (2018). He had also been featured in the 2016 Indian Hindi-language sports drama film Sultan which was based on mixed martial arts.
- He has hosted a podcast titled Morning Wood with Deez Nutz and a weekly internet web show titled The Hollywood Beatdown, on TMZ, an online tabloid journalism platform.
- On August 28, 2021, Tyron fought against YouTuber-turned boxer Jake Paul. In June 2021, Jake had predicted himself to be the winner of the boxing match and that too by round 2. In reality, Jake won the match against Tyron via split decision and had played all 8 rounds. Check the scorecard.
Featured Image by Tyron Woodley / Instagram