|Jayam Ravi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 10, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jayam Ravi is an Indian actor who has worked predominantly in the Tamil film industry. His film credits include Bava Bavamaridi, Palnati Pourusham, Jayam, Daas, M. Kumaran Son of Mahalakshmi, Nimirndhu Nil, Idhaya Thirudan, Mazhai, Janda Pai Kapiraju, Unakkum Enakkum, Deepavali, Ko, Santhosh Subramaniyam, Velli Thirai, Romeo Juliet, Dhaam Dhoom, Peranmai, Sakalakala Vallavan, Thillalangadi, Engeyum Kadhal, Comali, Aadhi Bhagavan, Ninaithathu Yaaro, Bhoomi, Ponniyin Selvan: I, Thani Oruvan, Bhooloham, Miruthan, Bogan, Vanamagan, Adanga Maru, Tik Tik Tik, and Thumbaa.
Tirumangalam, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Jayam Ravi studied at Jawahar Vidyalaya in Ashok Nagar, Chennai. Afterward, he attended Loyola College in Chennai and finished his degree in Visual Communication. He also took acting training at the Kishore Namit Kapur Institute in Mumbai.
Additionally, he has taken dance lessons under the Bharatnatyam dancer Nalini Balakrishnan and performed his arangetram (the debut on-stage performance of a former student of Indian classical dance and music) at the age of 12.
- Father – A. Mohan (also known as “Editor Mohan”) (Veteran Film Editor, Screenwriter, Producer, Distributor)
- Mother – Varalakshmi Mohan
- Siblings – Mohan Raja (Older Brother) (Film Director, Screenwriter, Film Producer), Roja (Sister) (Dentist)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jayam Ravi has dated –
- Aarthi (2009-Present) – In 2009, he got married to Aarti (the daughter of television producer Sujatha Vijayakumar). The duo has been blessed with 2 sons – Aarav (b. June 29, 2010) and Ayaan (b. August 10, 2014). Their older son Aarav played a role in the 2018 sci-fi thriller film Tik Tik Tik.
Race / Ethnicity
Jayam Ravi has Tamil Rowther ancestry on his father’s side.
Salt and Pepper
Sports a beard
Jayam Ravi Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in both Chennai and Hyderabad.
- In 1993, Jayam Ravi made his first film appearance as a child artist playing the role of Young Raju in the Telugu-language drama film Bava Bavamaridi. The film was produced by Jayam’s father.
- Jayam Ravi served as an assistant director to Suresh Krishna for the action thriller film Aalavandhan (2001), starring Kamal Haasan.
- As a lead actor, he made his debut in the 2003 Tamil-language romantic action film Jayam. The film is a remake of the 2002 Telugu-language film of the same name.
- In 2013, he was cast in a dual role as Aadhi Shanmugam and Bhagavan Bhai in the Tamil-language action film Ameerin Aadhi-Bhagavan.
- Alongside Arvind Swamy and Nayanthara, Jayam Ravi co-starred as Mithran IPS (an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP), Chennai City who is Mahima’s love interest) in the 2015 Tamil-language action thriller film Thani Oruvan. This role won Jayam several accolades including the Filmfare Award for “Best Actor (Critics) – South”, Edison Award for “Best Actor”, and SIIMA Award for “Best Actor (Critics)”.
- He brought to life the character of Karthik in the 2015 Tamil-language romantic comedy film Romeo Juliet. For this performance, he bagged the SIIMA Award in the “Most Romantic Star of South Indian Cinema” category.
- In 2018, Jayam Ravi appeared as S. Subash in the Tamil-language action thriller film Adanga Maru. This role won him the SIIMA Award for “Best Actor (Critics)” while he was also nominated for a Filmfare Award South in the “Best Actor – Tamil” category.
Featured Image by Silverscreen India / silverscreen.in / CC BY-SA 3.0