|Jayant Yadav Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 22, 1990|
Jayant Yadav is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented his country in the longer formats of the sport (Tests and ODIs), as a frontline spin bowler. In the Indian domestic circuit, he has played for the state of Haryana (2011–Present) across all 3 formats. In the IPL (Indian Premier League), he has turned out for the Delhi Daredevils (2014–2018), the Mumbai Indians (2019–2021), and the Gujarat Titans (2022–Present).
- Father – Jai Singh Yadav
- Mother – Lakshmi Yadav (Deceased)
- Siblings – Riya Yadav (Sister), Gargi Yadav (Sister)
- Others – Jyoti Yadav (Adoptive Mother), Yogendra Yadav (Uncle) (Activist, Politician, Psephologist), Madhulika Banerjee (Aunt) (Professor at the University of Delhi)
Right-Arm Off Break
- 22 – Test Match, One Day International (ODI)
- 19 – Delhi Daredevils (IPL), Mumbai Indians (IPL)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jayant has dated –
- Disha Chawla (2019-Present) – Jayant got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Disha Chawla in November 2019 and the couple got married in February 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a light stubble
Jayant Yadav Facts
- He had made his international debut for India in a bilateral home ODI match against New Zealand in October 2016. This was the 5th and last match of that series and was the decider as the series was tied at 2-2. Jayant had produced tidy figures of 1/8 in 4 overs as India had bundled out New Zealand for just 79 runs in 23.1 overs. This was New Zealand’s then lowest total against India and their then shortest completed innings in an ODI match.
- His next ODI match for India was more than 5 years later, against South Africa, in January 2022. As of March 2022, these were the only 2 ODI matches that he had played.
- He had made his test match debut for India in November 2016, in a home game against England. Coincidentally, his ODI and test debuts were at the same venue – Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy International Cricket Stadium in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. In the second innings of that match, he was India’s best bowler with figures of 3/30 in 11.3 overs, helping his team bundle out England for 158 runs. India went on to win that match by 246 runs to take a 1-0 lead in the 5 match series.
- In the next match of that series, he had scored 55 runs from the number 9 position in India’s first innings total of 417 runs. This innings had provided the first instance for India, and just the 14th instance overall, of batsmen at the batting positions 7, 8, and 9, to have scored more than 50 runs in the same innings.
- In the next match of that series, he had walked in to bat in India’s first innings with the score reading 364-7. He went on to score 104 runs off 204 balls and had stretched India’s score to 605 by the time he was dismissed. This was Jayant’s first century in a test match and the first-ever century for an Indian batsman batting at the number 9 position. India went on to win the match by an innings and 36 runs and had equaled their record of consecutive test matches without a defeat (17).
Featured Image by Jayant Yadav / Instagram