|Jeffree Star Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 15, 1985|
Jeffree Star is an American makeup artist, YouTuber, singer, songwriter, fashion designer, actor, model, DJ, and entrepreneur who is the founder and owner of Jeffree Star Cosmetics and Killer Merch. According to Forbes, he was the 5th-highest-paid YouTube star as of December 2018 and has appeared on projects including The Secret World of Jeffree Star, What Now, Shane and Friends, The Dish With Trish, and The Beautiful World of Jeffree Star.
Jeffrey Lynn Steininger Jr.
Los Angeles County, California, United States
Hidden Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Jeffree Star went to the Pacifica High School in Garden Grove, California.
Entrepreneur, Singer, Songwriter, Make-up Artist, Model, Fashion Designer, DJ, Actor, YouTuber
- Father – Glen Steininger (Passed away when Jeffree was 6 years old)
- Mother – Marra Shubyann Lindstrom Steininger (Model)
- Siblings – He is an only child.
Jeffree Star has been signed with Popsicle Records, North Hollywood, California, United States.
Pop, synthpop, electropop, electronic, dance-pop
Popsicle Records, Kon Live
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jeffree Star has dated –
- Tyler Carter – Due to their close friendship and their apparent cozy behavior, Jeffree Star had been rumored to be dating musician Tyler Carter for a very long time. However, they made these rumors even more fervent in March 2015 after they shared a steamy kiss and indulged in raunchy PDA at the What Now premiere after-party. The fact that Jeffree was officially single at that time only fueled these rumors.
- Chris Crocker (2005-2009) – Jeffree reportedly started dating actor Chris Crocker in 2005. They broke up in 2009 after having dated for around 4 years.
- Nathan Schwandt (2015-2019) – Jeffree started dating Nathan Schwandt in March 2015. They had met through Instagram. Their relationship found a place in the gossip tabloids after they were spotted together on the streets of New York City celebrating Jeffree’s birthday. A couple of days into their New York trip, Jeffree confirmed his new relationship by posting their picture on Instagram. He followed it up with another post in January. This time they were pictured in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. They broke up after spending a couple of years together. It was revealed by Jeffree via a YouTube video uploaded in January 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
His natural hair color isn’t known as he loves to dye the hair in various vibrant hues.
Jeffree wears colored contact lenses such as blue, green, etc, most of the time. His natural eye color appears to be ‘Dark Brown’.
- Loves wearing makeup.
- His multicolored and flamboyant hairstyles.
- Numerous tattoos
Jeffree Star has appeared in a series of TV commercials for products from his own Jeffree Star Cosmetics brand.
He has starred in adverts for Velour Liquid Lipstick and Lip Ammunition among other products.
Best Known For
- His unique and flamboyant gender-bending persona and appearance
- His popularity as a makeup and fashion influencer on YouTube. He has over 16 million followers on his official YouTube channel.
In September 2009, Jeffree released his debut studio album, Beauty Killer, which was a mild success. It comprised of tracks such as Get Away with Murder, Electric Sugar Pop, Lollipop Luxury (featuring Nicki Minaj), Queen of the Club Scene, and Louis Vuitton Body Bag (featuring Matt Skiba).
It was ranked at number #7 on the US Billboard Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart, at number #22 on the US Billboard Independent Albums chart, and at number #122 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
In 2008, he made his first film appearance in the musical comedy movie, Hella Crazy.
First TV Show
In July 2007, Jeffree made his TV show debut as himself on the talk show, Spread TV.
Jeffree is well aware of the importance of working out and has often lauded the benefits of working out in his social media updates. We all know that Jeffree loves to walk the talk and is pretty consistent in his workout routine.
Jeffree Star Favorite Things
- Emoji Alter Ego – Red lipstick one or the handcuff one
- Favorite Thing About London – Architecture
- Boy Band – Backstreet Boys
- Song – 2 Become 1 by Spice Girls
- Products From Her Makeup Collection – Peach Goddess Skin Frost and Unicorn Blood Velour Liquid Lipstick
- Snapchat Filter – Flower Crown
Source – Cosmopolitan.com
Jeffree Star Facts
- He was raised in Orange County, California.
- His father committed suicide and he was raised by his mother.
- Jeffree became obsessed with makeup by the age of 13. He had started experimenting with his mother’s makeup products and often tried to recreate looks from popular fashion magazines.
- After graduating from high school, he moved to Los Angeles and took up various modeling, music, and makeup jobs to pay his bills and to keep himself afloat.
- On the weekends, he often used to sneak into swanky LA clubs, where he impressed club goers with his brilliant makeup skills and helped him establish contacts.
- His club contacts helped him get makeup gigs for fashion and music video shoots. It also helped him start his modeling career as well.
- Jeffree was the tattoo artist Kat Von D’s close friend, with Kat being responsible for most of his body art. However, in July 2016, Kat announced in a lengthy Facebook post that she was disassociating herself from Jeffree as she was tired of his inappropriate behavior which included drug use promotion, bullying, and racism.
- In April 2016, he posted a series of tweets in which he slammed Kylie Jenner for lack of quality control in her latest range of lip gloss, which had led to the presence of split bristles in the product.
- Jeffree has been found guilty of making racist and vile comments in his past videos. In June 2017, he created an exclusive video to apologize for his past offensive racist behavior.
- In 2014, he launched his Jeffree Star Cosmetics line and has over the years released products ranging from gaudy eyeshadows to bright and vibrant lip glosses.
- In November 2020, Jeffree launched his Jeffree Star Cosmetics Blood Money collection which is a green-themed Blood Money palette.
- He has claimed that he does not drink alcohol despite previously tweeting about drinking vodka on multiple occasions. He has also stated that he does not smoke cigarettes or take hard drugs but does smoke cannabis (which has been legal in California).
- The Insider reported in October 2020 that he was accused of multiple instances of s*xual assault, assault, and paying $10,000 in hush money to accusers. However, the allegations were denied by an attorney for Star.
- Jeffree was the 10th highest-paid YouTuber of 2020 as per Forbes with $15 million in earnings.
- In March 2021, Jeffree Star showed his new look in which he was seen in buzzcut pink-colored hair.
- On April 16, 2021, Jeffree Star and his friend Daniel Lucas were involved in a serious car accident and had suffered major injuries after their Rolls Royce car flipped over 3 times after hitting black ice.
- In June 2021, Jeffree Star revealed his plans on leaving California permanently for Wyoming due to loneliness and mental health concerns.
- In August 2021, Jeffree revealed that he had added 80 more acres to his ranch located outside the Casper, Wyoming, the Star Yak Ranch. Overall, at that time, he was having over 500 acres of such land there.
- In November 2022, Jeffree announced that he was quitting YouTube.
Featured Image from Victoria Morse / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0