|Jen Lilley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1984|
Jen Lilley is an American actress and singer, best known for her roles of Maxie Jones in the ABC soap opera General Hospital (2011-2012), as well as Theresa Donovan on one of the longest-running NBC soap operas, Days of Our Lives (2013-2018). She also had notable roles in TV series Ingles Ya! (2008), Criminal Minds (2009), Castle (2010), Disaster Date (2011), The Dark Knight Retires (2013), Dating in LA and Other Urban Myths (2014), Youthful Daze (2014-2015), and The Encounter (2016). As a film actress, Jen appeared in movies such as Changeling (2008), The Back-up Bride (2011), The Artist (2011), The Olivia Experiment (2012), Isolated (2013), and One Small Hitch (2013).
In 2013, she also appeared in movies Revelation Road: The Beginning of the End, The Book of Esther, and Revelation Road 2: The Sea of Glass and Fire. She also had a role in Turn Around Jake (2014), as well as Where Are You, Bobby Browning? (2016), Crossing Streets (2016), Off the Menu (2018), Twin Betrayal (2018), and Yes, I Do (2018). Jen is also known as a singer and released a Christmas single Baby It’s Cold Outside (2014), an EP album entitled Tinsel Time (2015), as well as 2 R&B/soul singles, titled King of Hearts and Last Goodbye, both in 2018. Jen has amassed a large social media fanbase consisting of more than 200k followers on Instagram, more than 100k followers on Twitter, and more than 50k followers on Facebook.
Jennifer Elizabeth Lilley
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jen Lilley graduated from Cave Spring High School in Roanoke, Virginia, United States.
After graduation, she enrolled in the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia, United States, graduating early with magna cum laude honors.
- Father – Vincent Lilley (Judge)
- Mother – Ellen Lilley (Director Of Marketing, Event Planner)
- Siblings – Michael Lilley (Older Brother), Ryan Lilley (Younger Brother), Katherine Lilley (Younger Sister)
- Others – Heber Byard Lilley (Paternal Grandfather), Ethel Prince Rumfelt (Paternal Grandmother), Elmer Austin Rumfelt (Paternal Grand-Grandfather), Margaret Ethel Prince (Paternal Grand-Grandmother), Thomas Byard Lilley (Paternal Grand-Grandfather), Mary Elizabeth Boyd (Paternal Grand-Grandmother)
Jen Lilley is represented by –
- Artists & Representatives (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Stone Manners Salners Agency (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Mitch Clem Management (Manager) in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Anderson Group Public Relations (Publicist) in Los Angeles, California, United States
R&B, Soul, Holiday, Jazz
- Robo Records
- AGM Inc.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jen Lilley has dated –
- Jason Wayne (2005-Present) – She began dating Jason back in 2005, but kept her relationship away from the public eye. After around 2 years of dating, on May 26, 2007, the pair got married. It wasn’t until 2016 that they became parents by fostering through the organization Childhelp. They adopted 2 sons through the organization, one in 2017, and one next year, in 2018. Jen also suffered a miscarriage at 12 weeks of her pregnancy in 2018, which left them both heartbroken as parents. Luckily, on March 20, 2019, Jen and Jason announced they were expecting their 3rd child and 1st daughter in the family, due August 2019. Both of them were very happy to have a biological child at last, and someone for their older sons to love and protect. The two also announced their 1st choice for the daughter’s name – Julie Evangeline.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, Scottish, Irish, and German descent.
Light Brown (Natural)
She has also dyed her hair ‘Dark Brown’ in the past.
Jen Lilley has endorsed brands such as –
- Shop Pink Blush (2019)
- Sperry (2019)
- Sandro Paris Officiel (2019)
- Bloomingdale’s (2019)
- OTT (2019)
Jen also appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Oovoo Online Communications
- Pause PSA
- Xbox alongside actor Burt Reynolds
- Pizza Hut
- Taco Bell (2013)
Jen has also supported or promoted charities or organizations such as –
- Generosity Water
- The Innocent Justice Foundation
- Thirst Project
- Children of the Night
- World Vision
- Feeding America
- Habitat for Humanity
- A21 Campaign
- SOWEGA Art Performance (2014)
- Project Orphans (2018)
- Los Angeles Missions (2019)
- Dave Thomas Foundation (2019)
Best Known For
- Her roles in TV soap operas Days of Our Lives (2013-2018) as Theresa Donovan and General Hospital (2011-2012) as Maxie Jones
- Starring in TV movies such as The Spirit of Christmas (2015), Harvest Love (2017), A Dash of Love (2017), Mingle All the Way (2018), Winter Love Story (2019), and Paris, Wine and Romance (2019)
As a Singer
Jen Lilley released a Christmas single Baby It’s Cold Outside in November 2014 on iTunes. On November 25, 2015, she also released an EP album entitled Tinsel Time consisting of 5 tracks – Jingle Bells, Silent Night, The First Noel Medley, Santa Baby, Jingle Bells Reprise, and Tinsel Time.
Jen also released 2 R&B/soul singles titled King of Hearts on October 5, 2018, and Last Goodbye on December 4, 2018. She also sang Jingle Bells in the TV movie A Christmas Melody (2015), and Jingle Bells Reprise in the TV movie Mingle All the Way (2018).
Jen Lilley made her theatrical film debut with an uncredited role of Switchboard Operator in the crime, drama Changeling in 2008. John Malkovich and Angelina Jolie also had notable roles in the movie.
As a credited actress, Jen Lilley made her theatrical film debut as Daisy Spur in the romantic-comedy film The Back-up Bride in 2011.
First TV Show
Jen Lilley made her first TV show appearance as a Swim Suit Model in an episode titled That’s What Friends Are For? of the comedy series Hannah Montana in 2007. Regulars in the TV series were Miley Cyrus, Emily Osment, Jason Earles, Mitchel Musso, and Moises Arias.
Jen Lilley Favorite Things
- Activities – Traveling, Trekking, Pumpkin Carving
- Animal – Dog
- Snacks – Marshmallows, Popcorn, Cookies
- Drink – Hot Chocolate With Whipped Cream
- Personal Interests – Adventures, Friendship, Silliness, Life, Love, Laughter, Adoption, Fostering
- Personal Quote – “I’m not naive; I choose to wear rose colored glasses because I believe in hope and being a world changer.”
Jen Lilley Facts
- She wanted to become a singer from early childhood.
- She has a miniature poodle dog named Lucy.
- In 2011, she received a national Educators Award in Guatemala for performing at multiple concerts that benefited underprivileged youth.
- Jen moved to Los Angeles, California, the United States in 2007.
- In her 1st full year spent in Los Angeles, she set weekly goals with her best friend Carly Oates. Some of those were to run 10 miles a week and to do weekly networking and land as many different roles as possible.
- Jen owned and operated a wedding cake business during high school. All of the work was done in her parents’ kitchen.
- She had an offer to become a kindergarten teacher but passed it in favor of acting.
- Jen claimed that soap opera actors are the most talented, as they often have 1 day to learn more than 30 pages of dialog every single day, and usually, don’t have more than 1 or 2 takes.
- In 2012, TV Guide placed her at number 12 on their “Sexiest Soap Stars” list.
- Jen was chosen as a “Character of the Month” for her role of Theresa Donovan in TV series Days of Our Lives in August 2013.
- She was the 4th actress to play Maxie Jones in the TV soap opera General Hospital since 1963. Jen initially took the role on a temporary basis from Kirsten Storms, who was suffering from endometriosis.
- Jen hosted and sang at a concert in the summer of 2014 alongside SOWEGA Art Performance in order to help raise the funds for ONEless Ministries organization.
- In late October 2018, Jen donated all of the initial net proceeds from her debut single King of Hearts to a kid named John who needed life-saving heart surgery. He made a full recovery in the end.
- In 2019, she announced that her debut studio album was scheduled for release under the simple working title – Lilley. She didn’t clarify whether her daughter’s birth date would affect the release date.
- Visit her official website @ jenlilley.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, iTunes, and Deezer.
Featured Image by Neon Tommy / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0